I could use some pointers..

Rando

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So, I officially started my channel about three months ago.. Progress is slow, but it's there. I know that there's tons of stuff I could do better, I'm just not sure where to start. I work full time, so I don't always have the time to focus on my channel.. but I'm always trying to figure out how to do things better.. from editing techniques, to improving my skills with photoshop, even working on Improv so that I can be a bit more quick witted, and not rely on toilet humor.
... I say that... then you'll see my intro video.. and probably think I'm a lost cause. lol
Anyway, any advice, tips or whatever, will be a big help and greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time everyone.

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
... Progress is slow, but it's there...
It will be with a gaming channel. There are just too many of them out there.

I work full time, so I don't always have the time to focus on my channel..
Me too. I work 9 hours, and go to the gym for another hour every day. I also have a wife who is pregnant and legally blind so I have to drive her everywhere. I also have my own software company I program for when I'm not at work. But, I make sure to keep making videos and scheduling them out for Friday to keep my viewers happy.

Here are some suggestions for your videos/channel. You don't have to do any of these if you don't want to. Some are more important than others.
- Intro/Outro cards with call to actions.
- More eye catching thumbnails, with branding of course.
- To increase viewers/subscribers share videos with like minded bulletin boards, chat rooms, blog comment sections or YT video comments.
- Post your upload schedule. On the about page, say it at the end of your videos and put it in your channel banner to show you are dedicated to making videos to attract more subscribers.
- Cut down on cursing to attract a bigger demographic. Or, just look at your age demographic in analytics and try to appeal to that crowd.
- Your banner is just a bright red color. I would try to mix in some kind of design or pattern.

Reactions: Rando

morelikecappuccino

Be Kind: Please Rewind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I think your off to a great start. Videos are ridiculously long. Do some edits, show us the highlights and drop the mic. Go back and watch your video, can you sit through all 25 or 17 minutes?

Again yes letsplays are way overdone.. Just look at Yttalks feedback forum. Nearly everything is a letsplay or a vlog. Heck even the attractive women on here playing a video game ( a double win by nerd standards ) their channels are barren empty.

My only gripe is you use alot of "pictures" and comments to make fun of everything you say that doesnt make sense ( which is every 10 seconds ) its predictable and looks staged, gets old really fast!

The pictures, I know you just downloaded 10 billion pictures off google images and gave the artists no credit whatsoever. If you ever got really big youd run into some copyright issues, videos taken down ect.. keep that in mind
( Giving credit is not the same as being given permissions to use )
I see your moderate with PS just snap some pictures of the game your playing and make your own stuff. A more custom look.
Memes however are often ok as its hard to figure out who owns it, but...

Rando

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think your off to a great start. Videos are ridiculously long. Do some edits, show us the highlights and drop the mic. Go back and watch your video, can you sit through all 25 or 17 minutes?

Again yes letsplays are way overdone.. Just look at Yttalks feedback forum. Nearly everything is a letsplay or a vlog. Heck even the attractive women on here playing a video game ( a double win by nerd standards ) their channels are barren empty.

My only gripe is you use alot of "pictures" and comments to make fun of everything you say that doesnt make sense ( which is every 10 seconds ) its predictable and looks staged, gets old really fast!

The pictures, I know you just downloaded 10 billion pictures off google images and gave the artists no credit whatsoever. If you ever got really big youd run into some copyright issues, videos taken down ect.. keep that in mind
( Giving credit is not the same as being given permissions to use )
I see your moderate with PS just snap some pictures of the game your playing and make your own stuff. A more custom look.
Memes however are often ok as its hard to figure out who owns it, but...
Thank you, you bring up some points that would have never even occurred to me. I'll make more of an effort to shorten my videos, and cut down on the "meme-y stuff" in my edits.[DOUBLEPOST=1474305266,1474296326][/DOUBLEPOST]
It will be with a gaming channel. There are just too many of them out there.

Me too. I work 9 hours, and go to the gym for another hour every day. I also have a wife who is pregnant and legally blind so I have to drive her everywhere. I also have my own software company I program for when I'm not at work. But, I make sure to keep making videos and scheduling them out for Friday to keep my viewers happy.

Here are some suggestions for your videos/channel. You don't have to do any of these if you don't want to. Some are more important than others.
- Intro/Outro cards with call to actions.
- More eye catching thumbnails, with branding of course.
- To increase viewers/subscribers share videos with like minded bulletin boards, chat rooms, blog comment sections or YT video comments.
- Post your upload schedule. On the about page, say it at the end of your videos and put it in your channel banner to show you are dedicated to making videos to attract more subscribers.
- Cut down on cursing to attract a bigger demographic. Or, just look at your age demographic in analytics and try to appeal to that crowd.
- Your banner is just a bright red color. I would try to mix in some kind of design or pattern.
Very good advice I'll do what I can, considering my day job often causes me to use the "F" word like a comma before six am, the cursing is a hard habit to break.
How do I make call to action? Because apparently I'm not doing it right. lol

morelikecappuccino

Be Kind: Please Rewind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
job often causes me to use the "F" word like a comma
Bleep it out. Just watch the volume, or use some silly ingame sound to censor.
How do I make call to action? Because apparently I'm not doing it right. lol
Hello everyone! Welcome to my yttalk posted message offering amazing advice!
Dont forget to click that like button!

Annotations can be used too but I hate them - that's just me though