Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I'm banging my head on a wall for the SEO aspect lately. Usually i try to add as many tags as possible, but I really don't know if something too much generic/specific can benefit or harm you. I think that there should be a balance by having some tags that are really specific for your video, but also some more generical ones ( don't forget that tags are also used for showing in the suggested videos so having some tags connected to other videos, yours or not, can be helpful).
But the difficulty in finding good tags depends on the video itself: making an example I do LP videos so I could type the name of the game in the YT search bar and see what appears, but the problem is when I play a game that has almost no vids no it.
That means I actually need to "create" those tags from scratches and I need to squeeze my brain for that, because when people say "think what other people could write for finding your video" it's easier said than done!

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does the order of the tags matter at all in terms of maybe the most relevant tags first or something? or doesn't it matter? :p

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some will profess that the first five or ten are more important but I am not aware of anybody actually proving that it matters.

Reactions: SeanFace101

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some will profess that the first five or ten are more important but I am not aware of anybody actually proving that it matters.
Ill use TubeBuddy anyways tho then just encase its true and ill put my main ones at the start. :p If its not true and it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter then I guess lol :p

Reactions: markkaz

Sarah&Fam

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Reviewer, Other

Ash27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do a min. of 10, try for as many as I can, but I avoid anything generic. I LOVE tubebuddy, I only add tags that it says are good, I avoid average or bad.