SwaggerWolf

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I personally try to add as many tags to my videos as possible.

Fee007

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually add a lot. As many as I can. But, I have heard different opinions. Some suggest that you not use too many, because it won't make a difference. Others say, use as many as you can to ensure your video is found. I am not sure which is true. But any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
When uploading your videos, how many Tags d you add to them? Do you add as many as it lets you? or not many?
I always try to use as many tags I can, but the tags are also related to the video ofcourse so sometimes I can't use a lot :/

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Use tags that are in your niche that are related to successful videos/channels now I don't mean put PewDiePie as one of your tags, I mean add the keywords they use to yours so your video shows up with theirs. TubeBuddy is excellent for this as it shows other videos tags.

Sarah&Fam

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Reviewer, Other
I struggle with tags so badly. Maybe one day I'll get it right

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I max my tags, but I'll check back on my video 2 weeks later and look at the tags that didn't rank, and I try to replace them with better tags

Reactions: SeanFace101

Sarah&Fam

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
I max my tags, but I'll check back on my video 2 weeks later and look at the tags that didn't rank, and I try to replace them with better tags
How to you look at Tags that didn't rank?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
How to you look at Tags that didn't rank?
Very simple with Tube Buddy. Just click on the "Tags" tab on any video (Doesn't even have to be yours), and you can see how each one ranks. Now I think there's a little bias, if you're logged into your account, but it should give you a good idea. For example, it says I'm ranked 2 for "Compound Effect." but if I search on my phone, my video appears only 6th. You can also see the rankings in your "video editor" where you can change the tags. I haven't tested how many days exactly from when you upload your video when the ranks start showing up.

In my example, I didn't make the top 20 with my "Positive Brainwashing" Tag and "Compound Effect audiobook." So I'm gonna change them after this post :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SeanFace101

Sarah&Fam

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Very simple with Tube Buddy. Just click on the "Tags" tab on any video (Doesn't even have to be yours), and you can see how each one ranks. Now I think there's a little bias, if you're logged into your account, but it should give you a good idea. For example, it says I'm ranked 2 for "Compound Effect." but if I search on my phone, my video appears only 6th. You can also see the rankings in your "video editor" where you can change the tags. I haven't tested how many days exactly from when you upload your video when the ranks start showing up.

In my example, I didn't make the top 20 with my "Positive Brainwashing" Tag and "Compound Effect audiobook." So I'm gonna change them after this post :)

Man I can't find that anywhere on dashboard or in the creators app. And I don't use a computer most of the time =( so tubebuddy i can't use