How do you come up with your video ideas?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Most of my ideas come from watching cartoons like Adventure Time or weird films like The Holy Mountain.

Since all my sketches are what I call 'micro-sketches' they don't take long to write. I use website called Celtx. I could use Word but it just feels more professional using a website which has real script writing tools :giggle:

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
My videos are how to instructional so I suppose that makes it easy for me. I just say ok Im going to make a video .. and I make one. After I slam out a thousand videos or more it might start becoming more difficult .. or at least I will need to be more selective in choosing what topic I cover.

LemonLorraine

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer
I get ideas at work all day - I've got a pad of paper that I write them all in and build off of them. People talk about stuff that makes me get ideas, when I'm out and about I get ideas. Inspiration strikes at all times!! :)

Reactions: anaslifesense

TheWillBox

I make moving pictures!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I start with a topic I know and try to formulate a show around that. My videos have structure of, Intro, body, outro, so I just write pieces that fit that mold.

I use Google Drive for my outline writing, it's great since I can access it at work, home, on my phone or iPad.

Reactions: juanitosay

AlexUsedSplash

I write comedy and people tell me that it's funny.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Recently I've planned nothing and just talk to the camera. I improvise, I watched Hank Green's advice about editing vlogs to help cut out everything that wasn't needed. That helped me a lot.

Reactions: jjwickings

Smudgetaz1

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll usually be just be living life when all of a sudden something happens or something reminds me of something to Vlog about. And usually I watch yotube Vlogs at nght so when I'm done/going to sleep all these ideas rush into my head. and then when I want one immedietly I look around my room while I think haha.

randomlilnikki

Superhero, geek, maker of the loud noises.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
I get ideas at work all day - I've got a pad of paper that I write them all in and build off of them. People talk about stuff that makes me get ideas, when I'm out and about I get ideas. Inspiration strikes at all times!! :)
Work is where I get most of my ideas too! I work in an art gallery, so I am surrounded by creative people and stuff. I have a notebook I keep in my pocket as well.

Noah Ward (mnstr4lfe)

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I come up with my ideas when I'm with my friends, at school, doing homework, shower,when I go to bed, listening to music, and just getting deep into my thoughts daydreaming. I improvise on them while I'm creating/editing

ThomasWoot

Goal is to get more interaction on my videos :U
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a notebook where I write down anything that comes to mind that could potentially make a good video. Sometimes I'm able to develop it into something, but often I just end up saving it for later use.
i also do the same thing but i always end up procrastinating and it is so annoying lol but i gotta work on it..this is a good way to come up with ideas along with being on the toilet and shower