How do I get better at commentating while recording!!??

FlubADubh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel is newish and i have trouble trying to commentate like Captainsparklez or Ashdubh
I know I'm only just beginning but i need some tips on how to be a better commentator.

Thank you for the help.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
You need to go with the floooow :) Thats what I do! Just go with the flow of the game and kinda live inside the game and just talk over it

HumbleZeus

Leader of the Humblers, Thunder God, Pizza Lover
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You kinda just have to let things come out naturally, maybe slightly over react to a funny moment, be a bit silly when doing boring things, etc you'll pick it as you do more and more its something you just have to build naturally

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First things first. Don't try to comment like somebody else.

Everybody has their favourite youtubers and you take little bits and pieces from their performances. I can understand that. But also be yourself. Don't try to be somebody that you are not.

That being said, if you are yourself and you notice that you don't come across happy or hyped enough in your comments or even on camera, then try to up your game. What helped (and still helps, because I'm not there by a long shot) is remind yourself to be cheerful and outgoing when you do your thing. Write it down on a sticky note and put it on your monitor or something.

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Riddikore

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Everyone here is CORRECT.
You should feel like you are inside the game and go with the flow.
You should not commentate like other YouTubers
Whatever is going on inside the game, just react to it and be funny as you can.
Show your inner talent of gaming :)

Reactions: Riddikore

NothingToDoCrew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is newish and i have trouble trying to commentate like Captainsparklez or Ashdubh
I know I'm only just beginning but i need some tips on how to be a better commentator.

Thank you for the help.
Be yourself and act like you are talking to a friend. In the beginning, i got nervous and had a tough time. As you eventually get better the more videos you make.
What helps me the most is knowing that my friends, family, and boss are watching so i like to keep that in my mind when filming and act like i am talking to them

RATTLED

I'm the one who knocks.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just speak as if you were speaking to a friend, be yourself really and don't worry about your own voice, get lost in the game if you can and you'll forget you're even commentating!

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If your really having trouble thinking of things to say or commentating in general then jot down some topics on a sticky note to talk about throughout the video. Plan your video ahead of time, have a general idea of where your character is going or what your going to be doing during that gameplay. This will make it easier to multi task your gameplay as well as speaking. Some people are talkative naturally but generally though the more you commentate it will start to come naturally and you won't be needing any help at all in no time. I'm calm by nature and have been the type of person to never really speak back so when I started commentating I was struggling to commentate for 2 minutes without being speechless as to what I should say next, now I can sit there and speak for 20 minutes about my bloody socks. Don't try to impersonate someone else, you can try acting a persona (obviously being intentional for entertainment not imitating someone) or just talk the way you normally would if you imagine you were sitting in an environment your most comfortable with to get rid of any stage fright you may have. Try to commentate as much as you can, obviously if you want the viewer to watch a cutscene instead of commentating then by all means do that but don't leave out pauses that will seem out of sync and unnatural during the video. Also speak about things that you have the most knowledge in, things your passionate about through the video. You will find that speaking about things you most enjoy will make for easy commentary.

P.S fix that channel link of yours brah

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
It takes a lot of practice.
Just keep making videos, and it should come more naturally as time flows.

When I started making videos back in 2011 I was as monotone as it got lol