Help- Sudden Slow Channel Growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelice

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.
I have a growing channel that recently hit 400,000 subscribers and then the growth seemed to totally stagnate and I just can't seem to figure it out, and I don't know how concerned I should be. I have months of "massive" growth followed by major slows.
Throwing some analytics your way:
For December 2016/January 2017 I was steadily growing by about 2,000 subscribers every day, plus a few spike here and there if a video got a lot of views. I was getting between 60,000 - 100,000 views per video (with a few videos going to 200k - 300k).

This time last year that was almost unheard of! We would get maybe 15,000 - 20,000 views on a video if things were slow, then maybe 40,000 - 60,000 if it was a good month.

Since last month, not much has changed at all with our videos- content is the same, no style changes, videos are about the same length. But JUST shy of hitting 400,000 subscribers about a month ago, the growth has been massively affected. I don't get 2k subscribers a day anymore, it's closer to 500 - 1,000 and is not predictable. The videos sometimes accumulate closer to 100,000 views after being up for a week, but the initial view count has dropped considerably, one video (which we thought would do very well, serves us right) barely got 20,000 views in a day, then got 15,000 the next day, and after a week finally got to 50,000. Our latest video got 40,000 views in 2 days.

I know all growth is of course relative, so this might seem big to smaller channels and vice versa, but I'm wondering if there is something to explain how inconsistent these numbers are? We haven't had massive complaints on videos (we aren't uploading anything controversial), our audience is super engaged/interactive, but it feels like our channel just isn't getting out there all of a sudden. Has anyone else experienced the same sort of thing?

I know this might be difficult to give much advice without seeing the channel itself but theories, thoughts, shared experiences, etc. would all be appreciated.

(I would post more specific info but my analytics page isn't loading right now x.x)

Zesty

Zesty Person!/Rainbow Six Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mind sharing what channel this would be?

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We get lots of threads created regarding channel growth/view counts not being as anticipated. As such, people speculate theories as to what, if anything, has changed behind the scenes at YouTube (ie. algorithm) . But since no one really knows and we don't want everyone posting their analytics for discussion, these topics get closed.

Reactions: KatyAdelson
Status
Not open for further replies.