Help me out and I can help you out! All feedback is welcomed here!

ComradeSupreme

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
As always, I do enjoy feedback and reviews quite a bit. I edit my videos of my friends and I playing games - laughing and goofing around, probably breaking the game itself. I try to have all the funny moments and make it so people are laughing and invested in the video.

Regardless of all that, I wanted feedback to try and know what I can fix, what I can make better, and what I can do to bring in growth. Or even, how to fix some audio issues - which I've been trying to do for a couple days now - some better editing techniques, etc. Pick what you'd care to review, the channel overall, videos, as you please!

So give me what you got! If I have time and am not too busy, I'll even review your channel because I always liking helping others too!

wufu

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would suggest fixing your mic audio (which you are already aware of) and maybe adding some more sound effects into your funny moments videos. I like your channel art as well as your outro.

Reactions: ComradeSupreme

ComradeSupreme

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
I would suggest fixing your mic audio (which you are already aware of) and maybe adding some more sound effects into your funny moments videos. I like your channel art as well as your outro.
Thanks! I'll be taking those sound effects into consideration!

Anyway, for you, I'll start off with thing I noticed - for your logo, you should make the font a bit larger as it can be really hard to read outside of your banner. The banner itself is nice, it could use some sprucing up to be vibrant but that's entirely up to you.

Along with that, your thumbnails can be really good - only two are meh. You seem to put effort into all of them and they catch my eye really quickly with what's happening. Your latest video just needs a thumbnail and the Wufu video is very unnoticeable with how it was made. Besides that, your thumbnails are great.

With your videos, they're fun! I thoroughly enjoy them. The only thing I noticed is that your friend's audio is always a lot higher than yours and can be distorted very often. Either he needs a new mic or you need to lower it yourself. At the same time, yours can be low, or when you laugh - kind of like my problem - it distorts because it's too high. You can lower your threshold there - I just figured this out - or you can balance the audio levels so everyone is even and the viewer doesn't have to constantly adjust the volume.

So there's my review! It was long, I put some effort into that haha. Regardless, I liked your channel, I'd definitely watch more of your stuff! Keep up the good work and I'll be taking your suggestions!

wufu

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks! I'll be taking those sound effects into consideration!

Anyway, for you, I'll start off with thing I noticed - for your logo, you should make the font a bit larger as it can be really hard to read outside of your banner. The banner itself is nice, it could use some sprucing up to be vibrant but that's entirely up to you.

Along with that, your thumbnails can be really good - only two are meh. You seem to put effort into all of them and they catch my eye really quickly with what's happening. Your latest video just needs a thumbnail and the Wufu video is very unnoticeable with how it was made. Besides that, your thumbnails are great.

With your videos, they're fun! I thoroughly enjoy them. The only thing I noticed is that your friend's audio is always a lot higher than yours and can be distorted very often. Either he needs a new mic or you need to lower it yourself. At the same time, yours can be low, or when you laugh - kind of like my problem - it distorts because it's too high. You can lower your threshold there - I just figured this out - or you can balance the audio levels so everyone is even and the viewer doesn't have to constantly adjust the volume.

So there's my review! It was long, I put some effort into that haha. Regardless, I liked your channel, I'd definitely watch more of your stuff! Keep up the good work and I'll be taking your suggestions!
Thank you so much man! Audio is a pain in the rear. Honestly your review helps so much XD

Christoverse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey @ComradeSupreme , first off, that banner/icon combo is exceptional for an initial design! Very unique. Love the bio as it is informative, genuine and simple. Your gameplay is awesome as the commentary is funny/natural, you and your friends are having a lot of fun.

In terms of improvements, the thumbnails are again, great for a first month design, however, they are very simple and many don't represent what your gameplay is about (people may not click if it doesn't catch their attention). Also, your mic quality is pretty low (this is okay for the first time around, that will def improve as time goes on).

That being said, these are more superficial issues, your personality, goal and channel itself show great potential. Just tweaking those minor things will do wonders for your channel. Either way, I wish you nothing but luck!

ComradeSupreme

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Hey @ComradeSupreme , first off, that banner/icon combo is exceptional for an initial design! Very unique. Love the bio as it is informative, genuine and simple. Your gameplay is awesome as the commentary is funny/natural, you and your friends are having a lot of fun.

In terms of improvements, the thumbnails are again, great for a first month design, however, they are very simple and many don't represent what your gameplay is about (people may not click if it doesn't catch their attention). Also, your mic quality is pretty low (this is okay for the first time around, that will def improve as time goes on).

That being said, these are more superficial issues, your personality, goal and channel itself show great potential. Just tweaking those minor things will do wonders for your channel. Either way, I wish you nothing but luck!
Thanks, my man! I'll be taking those suggestions to heart and see what I can do!

Now, I watched some of your stuff and it's just great overall. I honestly had no clue what I could possibly say - only thing I noticed was that your audio sounded different in some videos compared to others. One would be crystal clear, the other would sound a bit more muffled.

Or it could be my headphones right now. No clue because the change is slight. Either way, everything else is top notch. I love the thumbnails, the way you talk, the gameplay that comes with all of it. You keep it lively and going. Most importantly, to me at least, you cut stuff that probably doesn't need to be there like silences and what not. It keeps people focused and interested, so I like it!

Maybe I helped a little? Boosted ego, perhaps? I have no clue.

Reactions: Christoverse

Christoverse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks, my man! I'll be taking those suggestions to heart and see what I can do!

Now, I watched some of your stuff and it's just great overall. I honestly had no clue what I could possibly say - only thing I noticed was that your audio sounded different in some videos compared to others. One would be crystal clear, the other would sound a bit more muffled.

Or it could be my headphones right now. No clue because the change is slight. Either way, everything else is top notch. I love the thumbnails, the way you talk, the gameplay that comes with all of it. You keep it lively and going. Most importantly, to me at least, you cut stuff that probably doesn't need to be there like silences and what not. It keeps people focused and interested, so I like it!

Maybe I helped a little? Boosted ego, perhaps? I have no clue.
@ComradeSupreme Glad I could help! :)

I really appreciate you taking the time to give some in depth feedback! You are absolutely correct there is a discrepancy which is because I use my actual Yeti mic sometimes, and other times I use the shotgun mic. There was a bit of a technical glitch so once I figure out how to rectify it that will be solved! I'm glad you like everything else about the channel!

My worry is that I am not growing in terms of engagement whereas I see other channels growing so quick I was worried that my content sucked. Is it more of the case that my stuff is different so it will just take time for more people to start seeing it?

ComradeSupreme

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
@ComradeSupreme Glad I could help! :)

I really appreciate you taking the time to give some in depth feedback! You are absolutely correct there is a discrepancy which is because I use my actual Yeti mic sometimes, and other times I use the shotgun mic. There was a bit of a technical glitch so once I figure out how to rectify it that will be solved! I'm glad you like everything else about the channel!

My worry is that I am not growing in terms of engagement whereas I see other channels growing so quick I was worried that my content sucked. Is it more of the case that my stuff is different so it will just take time for more people to start seeing it?
Honestly, my only thing is that you should try and get views - subs are harder to get but the views bring you up in the search ranking. Sometimes it means you need better tags, a different type of video title, or even outreaching on social media more.

But, you're stuff is a bit different when it comes to the talking to the viewer kind of thing. You have a lot of stories and maybe you can keep it to where you have different types for each day you upload or something a kin to that - so then you can be maybe a bit more personable to the viewer.

No worries, though. You're videos have tons of views so that'll really help with getting yourself out there. If anything, focus on those and just have your outro for those who really stuck through it and enjoyed what they saw.

Christoverse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, my only thing is that you should try and get views - subs are harder to get but the views bring you up in the search ranking. Sometimes it means you need better tags, a different type of video title, or even outreaching on social media more.

But, you're stuff is a bit different when it comes to the talking to the viewer kind of thing. You have a lot of stories and maybe you can keep it to where you have different types for each day you upload or something a kin to that - so then you can be maybe a bit more personable to the viewer.

No worries, though. You're videos have tons of views so that'll really help with getting yourself out there. If anything, focus on those and just have your outro for those who really stuck through it and enjoyed what they saw.
@ComradeSupreme
Very good advice my friend! I actually try to put more appealing titles these days, do you think the story ones are click baity?

Other than that, i will definitely keep what you said in mind, you've been an amazing help man thank you.

ComradeSupreme

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
@ComradeSupreme
Very good advice my friend! I actually try to put more appealing titles these days, do you think the story ones are click baity?

Other than that, i will definitely keep what you said in mind, you've been an amazing help man thank you.
I'd say click baity is good so long as it's not entirely over the top and is relevant towards what you're talking about. If it the title was THIS MAN MAY PREVENT TIME TRAVEL FOREVER but time travel was never discussed, I'd be upset.