PrimosPrime

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My goal for the end of this December is to gain 50 subs. But its kinda hard since nobody really knows who i am and i don't really know how to promote my self leaving me stuck at 17 subs. that's why i need help if you have any tactics please reply to this post thank you :bounce:

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Make really good videos that are searchable and rank high in search by using SEO. I got 16 subs just from my last video :D

PrimosPrime

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
what you mean get a high ranking on the seo

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
what you mean get a high ranking on the seo
When you search for a video, you want your video on the first page and possibly even the first result. If you do your SEO well, it will rank it high in search. There are tutorials for that.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good videos and good thumbnails. My two highest viewed videos both gained me 8 subscribers a piece(ish). These two videos are the only videos with good thumbnails(I just recently started using thumbnails that aren't just pulled from my video). I don't think this is a coincidence.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want quick do Adwords. 1000 views should bring in 2 to 5 subs depending on content quality and genre.
If you want very quick subs there's sub4sub. But they wont engage past 15 seconds and will kill your retention. Talked about often and not recommended by serious youtubers.
Last option is slow and steady. Excel at seo and all other aspects discussed here in countless threads.

Reactions: KidsCorner

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Network with people at or around your sub count. Chances are, they're looking to grow their channels just as much as you are.

Reactions: Anjim

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Everyone here has already said it. But make the best video for the search term that goes with it and make sure that the search term is low in competition. I got 100+ subs this month form this.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want quick do Adwords. 1000 views should bring in 2 to 5 subs depending on content quality and genre.
If you want very quick subs there's sub4sub. But they wont engage past 15 seconds and will kill your retention. Talked about often and not recommended by serious youtubers.
Last option is slow and steady. Excel at seo and all other aspects discussed here in countless threads.
Do you have any tips on how to run the campaigns? I set mine to 0,01 as suggested somewhere else but got like 1 sub from a 1000 views. Do you promote video or do you create keyword campaigns as well?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you have any tips on how to run the campaigns? I set mine to 0,01 as suggested somewhere else but got like 1 sub from a 1000 views. Do you promote video or do you create keyword campaigns as well?
I've tested everything under the sun.
Some playlists and videos convert better into subs, while other convert better into earned views. Our earned views range from 10% to almost 100% depending on videos.
Same for sub acquisition cost. Some videos convert subs at $2.12 (the lowest), some at $10 per sub (which is what you got).
There's really no way to predict what viewers will like, you just have to test different videos, at different time, to different targets, and see what works for your content.
I always have keywords, which are simply my tags.
I may target a channel, such as a channel that has the same types of videos that I am running ads for, as long as the videos on that channel are still getting traffic (check statistics under their video if they have it enabled to get an idea of their traffic).
I promote individual videos and/or playlists with several videos and distribute the campaign $ across the videos.
I've also tried promoting my highest retention video, highest view count videos, lowest view count videos to boost them, and lowest retention to get a higher retention from Adwords than from native viewers.