I usually like to watch the whole video in edit, then when its done rendering and then on YouTube after it's uploaded. Then after a couple months I like to go back and watch some older videos just to reminisce....and cringe XD

I pretty much watch all my videos to see where I'm messing up and could improve. That's not to say I don't cringe at myself sometimes and feel stupid while I watch them :p

I think you should want to watch what you create. If you don't want to watch your videos why would you expect someone else to? If I can't sit through it then I shouldn't expect someone else to.

Also, I think it's a good way to improve as you can see things you don't like or do like and either stop doing something or continue doing something else.

Last edited:
I watch my videos throughout editing a lot. After I finish rendering the video, I watch it at least 10 more times to find any mistakes. Then when I upload it, I watch it a couple more times to check if YouTube messed up the video or not. I'm sort of a perfectionist when it comes to my videos haha

I've heard a lot of youtubers debate recently on if they watch their own videos or not.
Personally I watch it through once to make sure what I uploaded is what I wanted to be uploaded and then after that I don't touch it because if I watch it too many times I lose my nerve and want to take it down.
Do you watch your own videos? Why/Why not?

hmmmmmm while I like what I make, I am pretty youtube views viewing your own as invalid views. It's best to just keep back ups if like watching what you make.

I always try to upload my video at least a couple hours before it goes live. And in that timeframe while it is still private, I watch through the whole video and look for something super wrong with it that I may need to edit and re-upload. And then I add annotations and stuff to my videos too. It's super helpful :)

I watch them much during the editing process. That I usually don't go back for at least a month to them.

Back