Do you delete your videos from HARD DRIVE after uploading?

I work off of a 11TB NAS that currently has 6TB used, it has room for another 10 drives via expansion bays, I'll be good for awhile haha.

All original raw footage and the Adobe Premiere project files are kept, the final exported video is deleted after its been uploaded. Don't see any reason to keep it as I can always export the video again.

I personally would store videos as a backup on my computer in case the my video or channel is removed.

If you channel/videos were deleted than that would be a reason to delete them as they would got taken down again since not following YouTube ToS.

Hi all,

I have been running my channel now for a couple months and have over 80 videos uploaded. The issue im having is after i upload what do i do with the video left over on my hard drive?

What do you do?

do i keep them on a separate hard drive or do i delete them? As you can imagine over 80 videos each being about 2 to 3GB each, thats a lot of hard drive space. I feel i can't delete them as i spent time creating them, but why do i need them, surely they are not going to get lost when they are uploaded right?

anyway, what do you do with yours after you have uploaded them?

Hi all,

I have been running my channel now for a couple months and have over 80 videos uploaded. The issue im having is after i upload what do i do with the video left over on my hard drive?

What do you do?

do i keep them on a separate hard drive or do i delete them? As you can imagine over 80 videos each being about 2 to 3GB each, thats a lot of hard drive space. I feel i can't delete them as i spent time creating them, but why do i need them, surely they are not going to get lost when they are uploaded right?

anyway, what do you do with yours after you have uploaded them?
I keep everything... I'm about to get new editing software and I can always go back into my old videos and add new effects for an improved version and stuff like that. I have a 1TB hard drive that is almost full now, I'll have to get another soon!

I get rid of the raw video after Im finished and keep the rendered video on an external backup.

I was wondering that as well thanks for bringing up this topic. I recently went ahead and bought a 2 TB external drive and I'm going to be transferring over my files there rather than keep them on my computer. However, In the long term I fee like I need a different solution maybe a server or put them on the cloud?

I've been waiting for this thread for so long to see what everybody else does! I've done youtube over a year now and accumulated 2 TB of source files! I have a 5TB external HDD though so I'll decide what to do when that's full in a little over a year!

I don't delete mine, however about 18 months ago my hard drive crashed and broke, and I lost everything up until that point. Virtually none of those videos are still on YouTube any more, but I always liked having a copy so I could look back at how I've changed over the nearly 4 years I've been at this. Also they were embarrassingly hilarious.

Back