Do you delete your videos from HARD DRIVE after uploading?

Ozmodion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
interesting, looks like a lot of you keep your videos, but what for?

is youtube always loosing videos or something?

Franklin

Yugituber
Reaction score
Website
awesomecardgames.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Buy an external hard drive. It's stupid to delete your videos. You will never know what may happen to your channel in the future such as a hacker deleting it or YouTube having a big crash. Backup!

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd keep one or two videos for usage in the outros, since my HDD space also decreases from recording gameplays.

Like some have mentioned, you could always redownload them from YouTube with negligible quality loss.

JaePlay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have produced so many videos that my hard drive space is decreasing. I am keeping the backup of my videos, but lately I have been thinking to delete my videos from HARD DRIVE to save space.
How about you guys? Would you delete the backup videos from your Hard Drive after you upload on YouTube? Would you rather save your Hard Drive space or keep the backup copy of your videos?
This is so much more complicated than it needs to be. Invest in External Hard Drives. You are constantly making videos, which takes up space. However just throwing away the videos and files may end up being something you'll regret later.

Ozmodion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm in 2 minds, i understand the reason for deleting them, but i dont see the point in keeping them, again i cant bring myself to delete them.....rock and hard place

Kelkschiz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I keep all my good footage because there is always the chance I need it later and it somehow comforting to just know it's there. HD space cost next to nothing anyway.

Akim bolduc dicks

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I keep my videos on my HARD DRIVE (I REALLY LIKE HARD DRIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) You can buy a 1 tb HARD DRIVE for very cheap now days ya know?

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
If you want to keep your videos as a back up just in case and dont want to delete them just in case then the best way around it is getting an External Hard Drive and storing them there leaving your C Drive with more space for more content.

Me personally I dont have a video of mine any longer than 2 days. I just don't like things clogging up my PC