Best Way to start out ?

Victor M.

Reaction score
Hi there , I have lots of newbie questions . here goes...
what is the best camera i can get on ebay for under 400£ ? what is the best computer (laptop)for doing youtube editing etc. ? and at which point will I making 100-800 pounds a month ? and last but not least, please give me some tips on starting out right! thanks ! p.s. i am totally new on youtube , no videos .

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well the very first thing is read a few hundred threads here many of yor questions are answered.
Then start the courses on the youtube creator academy. They guide you how to start.
Others may be able to tell you when you can make a few hundred quid a month.
Good luck

Reactions: Redford1900

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Find a genre you love and watch popular Youtubers and learn from them. Fro example Video Creators they're a great channel to start on Youtube

Victor M.

Reaction score
Thanks Anjim![DOUBLEPOST=1467931805,1467931630][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks Kiddie toys review ! I will definitely check creators academy out!

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
At which point you will be making money? Uh could be months, could be 4 years, could be never. Everyone wants to make money but don't think about that or you will get disappointed when your channel gets like no views. Focus on getting better, making better content and just keep improving. I use a C920 Logitech Webcam. I'm running Dual 980's so I built my own computer, don't know much about other laptops that are already out there.

GoodGoneBadPictures

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As far as camera recommendations, a really good camera that's usually about $500 in the US (I believe that's roughly 400 pounds) is the Canon Rebel T3i. It's kinda the standard for low budget film making. I use one for film making and other stuff, as well as 2 of my film maker friends both use them.

Victor M.

Reaction score
At which point you will be making money? Uh could be months, could be 4 years, could be never. Everyone wants to make money but don't think about that or you will get disappointed when your channel gets like no views. Focus on getting better, making better content and just keep improving. I use a C920 Logitech Webcam. I'm running Dual 980's so I built my own computer, don't know much about other laptops that are already out there.
What I mean is How many subs and/or views will I need to start earning ? Thanks all !

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I mean is How many subs and/or views will I need to start earning ? Thanks all !
They say that 1 mill views gets you about $1k. So 1k view will get you $1 and 100 views gets you 10 cents. Ultimately 1 view earns you 0.1 cent.
If you get the vidiq plugin it shows the revenue for each video you visit on the watch page.
Subs don't earn anything unless you ask them to donate to you via the inbuilt yt feature.

Reactions: GoodGoneBadPictures

GoodGoneBadPictures

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They say that 1 mill views gets you about $1k. So 1k view will get you $1 and 100 views gets you 10 cents. Ultimately 1 view earns you 0.1 cent.
If you get the vidiq plugin it shows the revenue for each video you visit on the watch page.
Subs don't earn anything unless you ask them to donate to you via the inbuilt yt feature.
Yeah, I use TubeBuddy which does the same thing. Ultimately, while I'd love to make money off of YT, that really isn't my goal right now. I'm just having fun making content!

Victor M.

Reaction score
I would also only do it for the fun ! Why would I torture myself to make videos that are crap because I'm not having fun? It's not just about the content , it's h
also about how you serve it .