How did you start?

• Total voters

dkidder

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't remember it being a decision. I used to record with a big clunky vhs, and I guess my goal was to have something to look back on. There's something about capturing a moment and watching it back that is addictive. I am blown away at all of the recording, editing, and promoting methods. Maybe i can incrementally get into that. Lots to absorb here.

HappinessAndHealthGains

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a great topic!

I started YouTube because I had lived most of my life dealing with a lot of stuff that gave me anxiety and health issues and then I finally figured out how to turn my life around in a major way. I would really like to see the world be a happier and healthier place so I started it to share what has helped me in the hope that it will help others dealing with similar issues.

Tixy Winchester

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Well...I've just started-I've been wanting to do this for a very long time but never had the courage. After many months of overthinking I've finally uploaded my first video yesterday. I know it's gonna be a long journey but I'm really proud of myself for making the first step. The biggest motivation I have is to learn, strive to be better everyday and have fun along the way as much as I can and if something bigger comes out of it-great, if not-I'm definitely gonna enjoy every part of it. :)

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I'm enjoying the editing process. It's satisfying to make a good video (or at least better than my previous ones). And, yes, there is certainly satisfaction in seeing that people are watching my videos more and more. It's fun!

Tobi Nonsense

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it mainly as a part of journal for myself. And If I have a place to interact with people it hugely motivates me to create.

xBlazingStar94x

Now by the name of ActuallyEmoTrash
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have made videos for YouTube on and off over the last 10 years or so (across different channels and a lot now deleted or hidden). I've only ever really posted for fun or to give myself some motivation when I am going through a hard time with something. I also just really enjoy editing and keeping myself busy. So when I am not at work, it gives me a hobby. Especially in these days when I can't do the things I once did.