How did you start?

• Total voters

Fearless dave

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
This question has been asked several times on the forum and I would like to explain my answer in a little bit of detail:

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube
Growing up and spending most of my time on the internet, I fell in love with content creation, so basically my answer is to the question 'why do you do content creation' so my answer to why do you do YouTube is that I love content creation

Ormisa and Troi

Reaction score
I have started to do youtube videos a couple of days ago.
It started during the quarantine as my daughter and i watched some youtube videos
and then we saw some families posting videos of themselves on yt
so my daughter asked me if we could post videos on yt aswell
and from there i began to trim cut and make family videos
it has become a really great gift for my daughter,when she sees new videos of her on yt
Now i want my channel to become successful,not because i want to get rich or something by it
but because my daughter is always looking on how many likes and watches she has everyday
thast our channel PLZ
visit and give us suggestions on how to improve our channel
thank you

Reactions: Tobes
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
All just a bit of fun for me, also as many others started during the coronavirus and just wanted to share some of my travels with people who may be interest to see it.

I'm not bothered about making money from it, its about sharing a journey, I wish I done it years ago as I have been to so many places which I could also have shared.

Now its all about having a good balance and not spending all my free time taking videos and uploading.

iinxdiaa

Reaction score
So basically I was inspired by iinixiaa and Emily - TheRobloxian! They are my favorite youtubers. But I mainly just wanted to do it for fun, and I still am. I love doing it even when barely anyone sees it.

Hunterical

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
First thought, to be able to play with a community/group. Or any game, just together and create content, trust each other while having fun.
So i just started my own and hoping some day that i can be a member of it. I do enjoy playing video game, especially survival game, resource gathering, idle/clicker game. So create channel to look for people who has the same hobby as me ;)

Last edited:

nay1995

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
my love of travelling and passion for video editing, combining both is the dream.

Ladybeggar

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
i do youtube for the fun but I feel really sad because people dont view my chaneel. :devil:

PierreT

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I started when the UK coronavirus lockdown began. I only intended to document what lockdown was like but now things have opened up I intend to carrry on, in fact I've made films more regularly since things have eased than during the stricter lockdown. Vlogging has become part of my routine and I find talking to the camera therapeutic!

Reactions: Pro Kie

Andrew0109

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like the creating side and tinkering with stuff but my ultimate goal unashamedly is to make money everything else is a bonus