How did you start?

• Total voters
Storytelling. I'm fascinated by storytelling and how it manifests in different media. I especially love that on YouTube you can watch different versions of this happening, not just digital storytelling but you can watch a video on an artist's process or a vlog on how someone is actualizing a project. I'm motivated by wanting to be a part of that :)

Hitting my next milestone subscription wise. Also editing videos is fun to me, and living life to the fullest would be the biggest motivators for me.
Totally agree with living your life to the fullest. Keep it up man and thanks for the post :)[DOUBLEPOST=1481817519,1481817413][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've lived my life being put down by a lot of sides a lot of times different ways methods and whatnot. So success to me is like one gigantic f**k you to the world that shunned me.
Keep it up man, screw anyone who's ever doubted you or put you down. If you want it and are willing to work for it, it'll be yours. Keep on creating man :)[DOUBLEPOST=1481817636][/DOUBLEPOST]
views motivate me, as a small channel im sure many agree or have posted about it nothing makes you feel better then in the morning waking-up to a couple views or a new sub. it makes you want to make new better content. or thats how i feel about it any ways, its the chase of getting attention or growing as a chanel
I'm already starting to get a sense of what you're feeling. The first couple of views have been really motivating and inspiring. The journey is definitely one worth making :)[DOUBLEPOST=1481817744][/DOUBLEPOST]
Storytelling. I'm fascinated by storytelling and how it manifests in different media. I especially love that on YouTube you can watch different versions of this happening, not just digital storytelling but you can watch a video on an artist's process or a vlog on how someone is actualizing a project. I'm motivated by wanting to be a part of that :)
That's a great way to look at it that hadn't occurred to me. Continue telling your story through your platform i'm sure many will want to hear what you have to say :)

The videos themselves. Granted, my videos are a bit less "Youtubey" as they're basically just music, but for me it's always been just the pure act of creation. Like, I'd be doing this even if Youtube never existed. An added bonus is the fact that you can make someone happy, or at the very least entertained if they like your video. Spreading joy and good times is what motivates me in my personal life, so being able to mix that in with my creative work is just icing on the cake.

Well we've done our part, now it's your turn, Dennis. :) Lay down your motivations on us

I'm not exaggerating but when i made youtube I said " I need to do this until I'll be in YouTube rewind with a group like sidemen "
I know it's reallllllyyyy big dream but hey
You never know ;)

The videos themselves. Granted, my videos are a bit less "Youtubey" as they're basically just music, but for me it's always been just the pure act of creation. Like, I'd be doing this even if Youtube never existed. An added bonus is the fact that you can make someone happy, or at the very least entertained if they like your video. Spreading joy and good times is what motivates me in my personal life, so being able to mix that in with my creative work is just icing on the cake.

Well we've done our part, now it's your turn, Dennis. :) Lay down your motivations on us
Great response, thanks for sharing with me. Truly do appreciate the warm welcome here on the forum. As far as my motivation, it comes from many different aspects. I've been an avid YouTube watcher for many years. It started with gaming videos, mostly goofy,silly content that just brought a smile to my face. Many of these youtubers would have vlogs in which they described the joy they received when hearing about how they had made someone's day. Now, i was never in a really dark place, but reading some of these comments really opened my eyes. Something as simple as a silly gaming video actually made a difference in these peoples daily life's. I want to be able to bring that joy to people, help them get through those rough patches in their life's. Some don't have anything else but these videos that we upload to youtube. That's definitely my main motivation and goal.

Although, the idea of creation is something that's very appealing to me. I'm not the most artistic person in the world, but i love enjoying others art. Seeing the wonderful things than humans can bring to life just based off of the ideas in their heads is fascinating. I want to become an expert at video editing, which may not seem like art to some but it is to me. I want to people able to grab at all of the ideas floating in my mind and represent them on a screen for others to view and enjoy. So, i'm motivated by bringing joy to others, and my own form of art.

Thank you all so much for sharing and i hope to continue hearing your wonderful stories.
:D[DOUBLEPOST=1481821724,1481821635][/DOUBLEPOST]M
I'm not exaggerating but when i made youtube I said " I need to do this until I'll be in YouTube rewind with a group like sidemen "
I know it's reallllllyyyy big dream but hey
You never know ;)
Dream big! If you want it badly, work on it until you can't work anymore. Poor your heart into your content and you can reach any goal you set your mind to. Looking forward to seeing you in the rewind :)

I asked a similar question earlier unaware that this thread existed. When asked why i do you tube, it comes down to my motivations. I'm going to give the same response to the one on my own thread. Hope that doesn't bother anyone :)

As far as my motivation and reason for doing YouTube, it comes from many different aspects. I've been an avid YouTube watcher for many years. It started with gaming videos, mostly goofy,silly content that just brought a smile to my face. Many of these youtubers would have vlogs in which they described the joy they received when hearing about how they had made someone's day. Now, i was never in a really dark place, but reading some of these comments really opened my eyes. Something as simple as a silly gaming video actually made a difference in these peoples daily life's. I want to be able to bring that joy to people, help them get through those rough patches in their life's. Some don't have anything else but these videos that we upload to youtube. That's definitely my main motivation and goal.

Although, the idea of creation is something that's very appealing to me. I'm not the most artistic person in the world, but i love enjoying others art. Seeing the wonderful things than humans can bring to life just based off of the ideas in their heads is fascinating. I want to become an expert at video editing, which may not seem like art to some but it is to me. I want to people able to grab at all of the ideas floating in my mind and represent them on a screen for others to view and enjoy. So, i'm motivated by bringing joy to others, and my own form of art.

That is why i do it, hope everyone has a good day :D

Great response, thanks for sharing with me. Truly do appreciate the warm welcome here on the forum. As far as my motivation, it comes from many different aspects. I've been an avid YouTube watcher for many years. It started with gaming videos, mostly goofy,silly content that just brought a smile to my face. Many of these youtubers would have vlogs in which they described the joy they received when hearing about how they had made someone's day. Now, i was never in a really dark place, but reading some of these comments really opened my eyes. Something as simple as a silly gaming video actually made a difference in these peoples daily life's. I want to be able to bring that joy to people, help them get through those rough patches in their life's. Some don't have anything else but these videos that we upload to youtube. That's definitely my main motivation and goal.

Thank you all so much for sharing and i hope to continue hearing your wonderful stories.
That's awesome, dude! Few things are as noble as trying to put a smile on someone's face. Though I must admit, I'm in this for kinda selfish reasons :laugh2: Being artistic and creative is the foremost reason for doing the videos and really the thing I'd let go of last, it's probably the primary driving force. But the fact that I can do this thing that I love and fulfills me personally, AND use it for good and make someone's day? That... That's the friggin' jackpot :D I think that's when you know something is unequivocally worth doing.

Good luck on your mission, man! Hope you give a lot of people a reason to smile :)

That's awesome, dude! Few things are as noble as trying to put a smile on someone's face. Though I must admit, I'm in this for kinda selfish reasons :laugh2: Being artistic and creative is the foremost reason for doing the videos and really the thing I'd let go of last, it's probably the primary driving force. But the fact that I can do this thing that I love and fulfills me personally, AND use it for good and make someone's day? That... That's the friggin' jackpot :D I think that's when you know something is unequivocally worth doing.

Good luck on your mission, man! Hope you give a lot of people a reason to smile :)
Wouldn't call you selfish just working towards your dreams! Thanks for sharing with me man, really do appreciate it. Keep on doing what you love and creating to your content :D Looking forward to seeing what you create.

Reactions: Dig
Back