How did you start?

• Total voters

Ewan (Beatboxer)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This question has been asked several times on the forum and I would like to explain my answer in a little bit of detail:

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube
I love doing videos on youtube to try and make people laugh it is passion to get somewhere on youtube to make people laugh and be happy!![DOUBLEPOST=1481841090,1481840942][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do YouTube because it gives me a sense of satisfaction. In my life, I've hit a place in which I have nothing going on in my life other than my projects. Because of my music career, this is another reason I do YouTube. I upload my music there and such so that way people can listen on there and not just on my Soundcloud. Since I decided to come back to YouTube, since I had made videos prior to my current channel, I've decided to branch out and make other types of videos, though it's nothing like I use to make. And having a sense of satisfaction and having boredom was what made me do YouTube when I first started back in 2010. YouTube can change people, for good or for bad. I feel like I only grew more because of YouTube. It does people the confidence that they need in life.
Thats a very good reason and alot of people do it for money but i like your response i feel the same way!

Orochi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use youtube as a library of videos that i want

Ncommunicado

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've enjoyed watching YouTube, gaming videos primarily, for a few years now and had always thought of trying to make a few videos. I always held off because I'm far from a pro gamer so never felt like my videos would be interesting or that people would care what I had to say. However, I had a friend prompt me to create a video discussing what I look for during matches and such. I made the video, realized I enjoyed the process and have now made close to 20 videos though my earlier work is horrid and will remain unlisted and only viewed by my friend. :cool:

Crum

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Making YouTube videos defiantly has its ups and downs. You can go from feeling unbeatable to near quitting so fast. Sometimes it takes a bit to stay motivated. So what motivates you to continue making content?

Reactions: Skeltano

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, just when people like and comment on my video, letting me know they've enjoyed it and/or that it made them laugh.

K.M. Draws

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well, I've always loved to create and I felt like, since I was a kid, that I wanted to make people happy with what I make and do. An entertainer of sorts? I guess that's what keeps me motivated. The idea that, maybe one day, I can make those people laugh or smile, or get inspired by my art and my stories and my funny quirks. I'm pretty introverted in meatspace, so doing this all online takes away the anxiety.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Sometimes just being bored and wanting to do something is my biggest motivator. Aside from that, making stuff is something I enjoy and when I lose motivation I change what I'm doing slightly to make it fun again.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@Crum - I've merged your thread with the big pinned thread at the top of the forum as it's essentially the same question. :)

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Ewan (Beatboxer)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Making YouTube videos defiantly has its ups and downs. You can go from feeling unbeatable to near quitting so fast. Sometimes it takes a bit to stay motivated. So what motivates you to continue making content?
Making people happy :D

Excellentcoolman108

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I do it as a hobby. It's something I do for fun and could careless about the views I get. Yeah I would like more views but in the end it doesn't matter to me because I'm never going to make a career out of it.
I also loved making random videos on my computer of me playing games and I just thought I should share them with the world. :)