How did you start?

• Total voters

TranquilGeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I initially started a channel so I could publish a soccer video of my daughter so college coaches could recruit her. Then I realized I liked filming and making videos so I did more videos that were highlights of my kids' high school sports teams. I didn't care about building a channel and I still don't for my personal channel.

However, now I care very much about the channel I am working on for an animal shelter. In 2014 I started volunteering at an animal shelter to make adoption videos. Now I am also revamping their YouTube channel to make money for the shelter.

I like the challenge of trying to make an entertaining video that can make money for a good cause. I like trying to get better each week and learning something new about film making and the YouTube marketing / money-making process. Learning and trying to improve each week keeps it interesting, but I will measure my success based on if I can create a decent revenue stream for the shelter.
I'll share your videos in my personal facebook. I'll do my bit to help out. Such a great cause.

Taylor Lewis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I do it to raise awareness for mental illness and to (hopefully) inspire people through my music and story. Youtube is a great platform for that, I just need more people to see my videos! haha

Reactions: Redford1900

TranquilGeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it!
Not a problem. I adore animals. I have 5 of them myself and two of them were rescued. One was a kitten someone just dropped off in the Walmart parking lot where I live. So if there is anything I can do to help you, I will.

SuperMan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do youtube because I love watching videos because they make me happy and I wanted to make people happy with my videos so I started making videos.!!

Christiney92

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I YouTube because I love making videos and making fun of myself :D also it puts my qualification in Digital Filmmaking to good use :)

Reactions: TranquilGeo

TheHaymaker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do it to inspire others to achieve their goals. I have recently taken control of my life and sharing these experiences on YouTube is the coolest, most fun and best thing I can think to do.

Reactions: TranquilGeo

CramBeats

Idiot who makes music
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
To improve my self,to get feedback for my work. I love doing music, i love listening to music, and getting feedback from others helps me to become the best me :)
As little "thanks" for this, i offder my music for free :)

RayonIsRayon

I, am Rayon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It helps me work out issues in my life and maybe the things i say might help someone else that is going threw the same issues.
I also youtube for my amazing subscribers, they have been there for me and i want to be there for them, i guess you could say they keep me going. Also Youtube is an outlet for me to be and become more myself, if that make sense.

Arcanum

Arcanum Luminarium
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually made a video that was 30+ minutes long describing my motivations. I think it was one of my first 3 videos. I have been a researcher of unusual and weird ideas and concepts for well over 10 years. My research began with trying to prove God exists, and somehow it opened an entire alternative idea & concept for me.

I had many friends who said I should write a book, or somehow share my ideas and concepts since some of them are unique. However when this idea was offered to me, I would always scoff and reply I learned what I learned thru others. Therefore it is technically not my pure idea. Their insistence that it was unique and my personal twists made all the difference in making it my own; encouraged me to try sharing it. I originally was going to do a podcast, however realized quickly many of the subjects and ideas required visuals to properly convey. Therefore decided video was the better medium, and thus began my research and investment into creating youtube videos.

Over the last year, the idea has grown into something I am quite proud of, and only recently starting to see the community catch on to what I had been creating on back burner. Now it is a full time thing, with a schedule I insist to myself to uphold, and do so quite well in my opinion.

I guess that is my basic story, hope it interested you,

Arcanum