How did you start?

• Total voters
When I was younger I wanted to be an actress. I didn't have the opportunity to work for it then, but with a YT channel I can make what I want. I have started with LPs, trying to move into LPs where I dress for the game, and I'm hoping to do more stunt and "bigger" stuff as I go. I'm motivated to do it because I want to make the content, but the other thing that keeps me doing it when it's hard and I feel down is wanting to be part of a community where we all get the same jokes and references, and hopefully to make videos with other people

I think I'm just a creative person. Whether or not I'm any good at it is mostly not up to me (I like my own stuff, but I'm an easy critic), but I have always liked making things, especially things where people (or puppets) get to tell a story. So it's just a great way to distribute the oddball things I like to make.

I also get to work with my partner on a creative project three times a week, which is nice. We often do theater together, but a lot of the time, there's no show for us to work on at the same time, so this keeps us doing fun things that are creative and interesting.

What motivates me? ...man ,that's a tough one.
I suppose what motivates me is the messages or comments I would get saying stuff along the lines of, "Your video really made my day. It made me laugh when I was feeling down and smile when I was frowning. Never stop doing what you believe in." I haven't gotten a comment like that on my current channel but it's words like that really push me to keep going even when I feel like I'm not going anywhere sometimes.

If I know I can make someone's day better just by doing what I love to do then I know that no matter how rough it gets that I just need to keep going. Making someone else is smile, laugh and overall just have a better day from your videos is extremely motivating for me. =]

To be honest for what matters the most (but I'm a very recent creator) is actually to have fun filming my videos. If I'm enjoying myself doing it is already quite worth it. Makes me think less about the views and how long we actually take to get anywhere because at least I'm enjoying it. I try not to put goals or achievements because everything takes time and I do it to enjoy it not to be one more thing putting pressure on my life.

I like the way that I can learn new stuff and share that knowledge with the world at the same time. That's what motivates me the most.

I started YouTubing after I bought my first webcam ... 2010. I made one of me dancing to an Isley Brothers song around Valentine's Day. I dared to upload it, and promote it on sites I wanted attention from (lady's sites). I didn't do another dancing video until 2015, because my webcam was incompatible with my computer; I returned it. Next time, I was using a smart phone ... messing around again. I made yet another one, dancing to a woman I was going to propose to; she had no idea (LOL). Then in the summer of 2016, I started speaking to people in my community, and I've been doing it on and off ever since. I know they say that making them on a regular basis helps my channel, but I'm so busy right now, I just can't find the time to do them as often as I would like. I had been camera shy all of my life, and after I began speaking, it increased my confidence. Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to really set my channel on fire using all the tips from this site.

I do it as a "therapy" to be fair. I needed something to distract me from my life and that I could focus for some time a day to forget about all the rest... and my beauty channel was born. Even tho I'm still very small I absolutely love doing my videos

I just felt like I had a good amount of knowledge with respect to health and fitness and wanted to share that with others. I enjoy trying to help others and that's pretty much it. The rest is history I suppose.

I've always liked being creative in many different forms. Be it music, videos or theater I've always liked to make things that I myself find entertaining. I'm a big critic to myself and I often think that I can't do this, and I can't do that but youtube has opened new eyes for me and I see other people do stuff that I also want to do and learn. So my motivation for keeping with youtube is the inspiration I get from other youtubers. To create and have fun together, a community.

Back