How did you start?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been on YouTube now with a separate animation channel for just over a year now and I've found the experience to be a mixed bag when it comes to highs and lows. There has been plenty of times when I've been proud of my achievements but there is always that lingering thought, YouTube is HARD! :tonguecute:

I haven't had much opportunity to quiz other YouTubers on their experiences so I thought I would post and see what type of responses I get.

Have you quit YouTube only to make a return? What made you come back?
If you haven't quit, what kept you going?
How long have you been on YouTube and do you feel that with more experience it gets easier to manage or harder the longer you push?

Anything you would like to add I'd love to read your stories, there's bound to be some interesting tips out there! :D

Reactions: MegaCrasher

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me it is the comments and the community. I have slowed down and only create what I want to create. No more filler content, and I take as long as I need to edit content.

I nearly left at the end of 2016 after the great downturn happened. I was so close quitting. And then I was sucked back in after I posted a video explaining that I was about to hang it all up. Someone let me review their GTR. And the rest was history. With the big change that I now only create 1-3 videos a month vs weekly for the longest time. I just can't bring myself to do more anymore.

Reactions: SuperScottSaga
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For me it is the comments and the community. I have slowed down and only create what I want to create. No more filler content, and I take as long as I need to edit content.

I nearly left at the end of 2016 after the great downturn happened. I was so close quitting. And then I was sucked back in after I posted a video explaining that I was about to hang it all up. Someone let me review their GTR. And the rest was history. With the big change that I now only create 1-3 videos a month vs weekly for the longest time. I just can't bring myself to do more anymore.
Quality over quantity is a good strategy. I can relate to what you're saying about the pressure of weekly content as creating animations can be brutal if rushed. Good to see you're still around and haven't given up! :D

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Quality over quantity is a good strategy. I can relate to what you're saying about the pressure of weekly content as creating animations can be brutal if rushed. Good to see you're still around and haven't given up! :D
Animations are nuts. I have to edit for 10+ hours every video. And I just don't have the free time to do that quick. And I refuse to do it quickly. I also quit editing for the day as soon as it starts feeling like a chore. YouTube is supposed to be fun. I don't want it to turn into a job when it clearly is only costing me money!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Animations are nuts. I have to edit for 10+ hours every video. And I just don't have the free time to do that quick. And I refuse to do it quickly. I also quit editing for the day as soon as it starts feeling like a chore. YouTube is supposed to be fun. I don't want it to turn into a job when it clearly is only costing me money!
Yeah you're absolutely right, should be fun and you should be happy with the final video or it's a waste of time. I do like to put that little bit of extra work into videos which kind of takes some fun away since there's more stress involved but that's my fault. :D

Reactions: TheDutchTexan

MegaCrasher

Insane Pokemon YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been on YouTube now with a separate animation channel for just over a year now and I've found the experience to be a mixed bag when it comes to highs and lows. There has been plenty of times when I've been proud of my achievements but there is always that lingering thought, YouTube is HARD! :tonguecute:

I haven't had much opportunity to quiz other YouTubers on their experiences so I thought I would post and see what type of responses I get.

How long have you been on YouTube and do you feel that with more experience it gets easier to manage or harder the longer you push?

Anything you would like to add I'd love to read your stories, there's bound to be some interesting tips out there! :D
For me, simply to inspire and entertain. ;] If I can make people smile, then that makes me very happy. I don't care about anything else other then that.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

I would upload even if no money was involved, I just like sharing the things I get to experience whether it is through videos or pictures. I don't keep a schedule and I don't expect a lot of people to subscribe to me. I just record a lot of stuff and when I see something worth sharing I upload it. My first three videos 8 years ago and then didn't upload anything again until 2012 when we got our first dog. Since then I have uploaded a ton of videos, never on schedule or anything, I just upload when I film something I like. I do a majority of dog videos, but unlike a lot of other channels, I put an assortment of content on my channel. Everything from timelapse, random experiments, mountain biking, and GoPro abuse goes on my channel. I doubt I'll ever make a living off of YouTube, but who knows?!

ZavNation

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Entertainment that's about it.
If people are enjoying my content and are genuinely thrilled to see every video I post then that's all for me. Some people may do it for the money, but that's them ya can't really do anything
about that xD.
Some people as well are not as fortunate as others and sometimes seek out joy and what not from videos on youtube, and that's what I want to accomplish someday on my journey for making YouTube gaming videos.

(it's cliche I know LOL)

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This, this keeps me going. The diamonds don't necessarily mean money, it can be whatever goals we have as content creators. Whether it is entertainment, fame, having fun or anything and everything between, this is what keeps me motivated. Posted it before but if it helps me, maybe it will helps others as well.

main-qimg-c1e9ce80ae972e65106d31a7150086e7-c.jpg