How did you start?

• Total voters
I've always been a rather creative individual throughout my life. Whether it be film, theatre, or writing. And the beginning of 2015 I furthered my passion of film and started working with a local film company. Well long story short, after a couple of months I stopped working with them because, at the time, I didn't feel like they could have really help me accomplish what I really wanted to be doing which was directing/writing/acting. So I went from doing something super creative and enjoyable to not doing anything of the sort and I felt bummed. Also I had been going through a bout of just everything and everyone making me anxious and stressed. Around the end of the year I was home sick from work one day and I stumbled upon a YouTuber who I felt I could really relate to. Someone who wasn't exactly this constant beam of light and sunshine but had goals regardless and went out and got things done. And I really wanted to be like that. So February 25, 2016 I uploaded my first ever YouTube video.

So I guess I did it to further pursue my life-long desire of directing/acting/writing, but actually doing it the way I wanted to. As well as I was inspired by a YouTuber.

I started watching YouTube as a kid when things were falling apart in my life and the people I knew as my parents for 9 years were getting divorced. I got sucked into watching YouTube and playing games as a way to cope and distract myself and as I got older YouTube continued to be my way of dealing with difficult times or even just bad days. I felt like my life was falling apart a lot but I could come home and watch a YouTuber and hear their story and realize that my life could be better and that someone who doesn't even know I exist can make my life more bearable. So I decided I wanted to try to do that for someone else. I had a hard time getting started, I was not sure what i wanted to do or how to go about it but then i was talking to my 5 year old brother and he was so happy and excited to watch all these video game YouTubers and he even wanted to be one and thats exactly who I usually wanted to watch and I love video games so i decided to start a gaming channel in order to maybe make someone smile and to communicate with other people who wanted to maybe do the same thing so i could be a source of happiness, help and communication.

What's up guys,

I've been on Yttalk for about.. hm 2 months, and it's pretty cool that this places exists. I mean the fact that people from all over the world come together to help, support & give advice to one another to help them grow is pretty awesome. I've asked a few people why they do youtube, and i've gotten some cool answers, so i wanted to see if more people had some cool inspiring reasons as well!

So why did you start youtubing?

I started doing YouTube 8 years ago. Videos with virtually no meaning but I began to fall in love with recording my life. 1000+ videos later I stand proud of what I've accomplished and will continue for the rest of my life. I've even dropped out of college to pursue my love of video creation/film making. I have a creative mind that I wish to share with the world. If you want more information my channel trailer video shows exactly what I'm talking about! What about you?

Wow,

It's so amazing when I hear that people are perusing their dreams and doing what they love. I've checked out your channel and your video's are pretty cool, you definitely deserve more subs than you have.

Well as a kid growing up, my childhood wasn't the best haha, and I turned to things like music & gaming to take my mind off of it. I've only started a youtube channel this year, because i wanted to make sure i knew what i was doing before i started, but im loving it. I'm meeting loads of new people everyday and it's insane.

Wow,

It's so amazing when I hear that people are perusing their dreams and doing what they love. I've checked out your channel and your video's are pretty cool, you definitely deserve more subs than you have.

Well as a kid growing up, my childhood wasn't the best haha, and I turned to things like music & gaming to take my mind off of it. I've only started a youtube channel this year, because i wanted to make sure i knew what i was doing before i started, but im loving it. I'm meeting loads of new people everyday and it's insane.
I'm glad you're loving it! Thank you for your kind words, means everything to me! I'm not me if I can't create, no matter if anyone is watching or not. Wishing you all the best!

I started doing YouTube 8 years ago. Videos with virtually no meaning but I began to fall in love with recording my life. 1000+ videos later I stand proud of what I've accomplished and will continue for the rest of my life. I've even dropped out of college to pursue my love of video creation/film making. I have a creative mind that I wish to share with the world. If you want more information my channel trailer video shows exactly what I'm talking about! What about you?
I wanted to ask you this question on other tread but decided to skip it, but since you are again talking about your 8 years experience I need to ask :)

On your youtube trailer it says "8 years of youtube" however your oldest video uploaded is from 3 years ago and your channel was created in 2013 what calculation are you using to get the magical number 8 :) I am super duper curious!

To creator of thread:
People youtube for : fun, hobby, help/educute others and money. I believe more or less all videos could fit into these categories ofcourse then they will go into smaller ones and so one but if you want quick answer its ( fun, hobby, help/educute others and money .

I wanted to ask you this question on other tread but decided to skip it, but since you are again talking about your 8 years experience I need to ask :)

On your youtube trailer it says "8 years of youtube" however your oldest video uploaded is from 3 years ago and your channel was created in 2013 what calculation are you using to get the magical number 8 :) I am super duper curious!

To creator of thread:
People youtube for : fun, hobby, help/educute others and money. I believe more or less all videos could fit into these categories ofcourse then they will go into smaller ones and so one but if you want quick answer its ( fun, hobby, help/educute others and money .
I've made several videos across several accounts. My old main channel was called AJScupstacking (started in 2009, that's how I get 8 years) and I made 600+ videos over there. Along the way I've teamed up with other people on several projects over the years! I started TheVlogTheory to brand myself in a new and improved way; I was growing up and needed a new image! Hope this helps!

I've made several videos across several accounts. My old main channel was called AJScupstacking (started in 2009, that's how I get 8 years) and I made 600+ videos over there. Along the way I've teamed up with other people on several projects over the years! I started TheVlogTheory to brand myself in a new and improved way; I was growing up and needed a new image! Hope this helps!
Wow I am actually impressed, at the begging I found it hard to believe that you uploaded 1000 videos, but now facts speak for themselves :) Good job!

Back