YouTubers Make Too Much?

It is so rare to get to the top of YouTube (similar to real world entertainment industry), so most of those that make it there deserve the money and fame just because of how hard it is

No I don't.

In the US, however, I do think that people who make over $500k/year don't get taxed nearly enough. I think there should be a major revamping of the higher-end tax brackets. But that applies to anybody making those obscene amounts, not just YTers.

(But I do wish YT wouldn't promote nearly exclusively huge channels which definitely helps them earn more than they normally would.)

I wish. People like myself (animators) can produce content very slowly, and despite having millions of views we get paid peanuts because our animations are 1-2 minutes long. It annoys me to now end when a liveblog/letsplay can produce 50 videos or more a month and have half the total views my animations do but earn 3-4x because of watch time (and yes i did compare my rankings with friends who do letsplays).

For me I have this to say to those who think this job of ours called YouTube (trying to be a little funny) is easy. It's not I looks easy because we are so passionate about our videos. Saying this job is easy is like saying it's easy to make a Hollywood big budget movies is easy to make or that cleaning a car for sold is easy. I think if we make the money we put in the time to get that money then what does the amount matter.

People have a problem with this...but no problem with, say, footballers who make millions...and even dare to complain that they're making too few millions.
Sorry, don't see the problem...the people complaining about that, to me, is just butthurt...if it's "so easy" to be a successfull youtuber and make a ton of money...why don't they do it?

I've never seen anyone who says Youtubers make too much explain their position. Do they think the advertisers should pay less - and if so, why? Or do they think Google should keep a higher portion of the ad revenue - and if so, why? My guess is they would have no answer. Which then just makes it a statement of jealousy towards how well others are doing.

i think big youtubers that create good content that takes effort and skill deserve their pay cheques, youtubers that produce formulaic content with no change in their videos or put no effort in their work i feel should have a lower pay. But this is Youtube and even the worst creators can make a living on rubbish.

But thats just me
Who makes the good content, and who puts in no effort? Objectively you have to follow the money when it comes to compensating someone monetarily, which for adsense directly correlates to how much people are willing to pay to advertise to the people watching someones video. For youtube red they've decided to use watch time in a global pool as the metric of choice, which is arguably the best way to go about it (they can't make an objectively correct choice here, some creators will inevitably win more than others depending on how well their content fits with the metric of choice).

tldr; Youtubers don't make too much, they make what they make.

its bunch of bull its only because they don't make the amount of money than they complain.

Back