YouTubers Make Too Much?

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
we aren't paid by the effort we put in, we're paid by how many eyes are on our content, and for how long.

just because some people have a lot more eyes on them, doesn't mean they have to be putting more effort into youtube than someone with 1 viewer.

In general, good content rises whilst poorly made content tends to flop, but as long as there is someone out there that enjoys it, then its worth it to advertisers.

PS: from what I know about the guy, Mark is very grateful for where he is in youtube, he doesn't act like he deserves his popularity, and he does a heck of a lot of charity work because he has the means to do so. Of all people I believe he absolutely deserves it.

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's the ish I don't like! (tune)

See he didn't put what he makes out there - someone hacked his channel so I feel more for him because hes not an arrogant *rick like others,

Hopefully this blows over and he can just focus on making great videos :)

Reactions: Lightsen

TheTNGMen

I'm Just a Meme Machine
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Youtubers have become in essence modern day tv and movie celebrities. When a tv show is super popular such as game of thrones or walking dead, you best believe those actors are being paid big bucks when they go out and create something special. When millions of people follow you (subscribers) for all the video content you release then of course advertisers are going to want to get in on that market. And with advertisers comes the dough. Youtube has become the replacement for tv for me (I only watch reg tv for sports) and you bet that other are doing the same.

Reactions: JordiUniverse

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So recently a statistic was shown after a hacker group hacked into Markiplier's account and leaked how much he made in the month of November. I won't share the exact number due to privacy reasons for him but, he made well over 500k in that month. This sparked a bunch of people saying that YouTubers shouldn't be able to make this much money or they make too much money. Another opinion was that they shouldn't get paid this much because they don't put in as much effort as other occupations. What do you think? I think that as long as people make their money legally than they should be able to keep on making it no matter how high it is. So I have no problem with Markiplier making more money than a doctor because, he earned that money himself legally.
The reason why people are all over it is because they want that same thing. No they don't make too much. They hit it big with their content, and ride the wave.

If you run a YouTube channel, for hobby or work, you know first hand how much work it is to create content, edit it and put it out there for people to see. So whatever he makes, it's his business.

Reactions: XXLRay

truemoney18

Reaction score
you mean this picture right lol ?
crazy earnings indeed almost a million a month while we getting paid with our 0.01 cpc in january and february i guess now we know why we get such low cpc..
because the high cpc go to all the big channels example Pewdiepie radbrad and some more shitheads lol .youtube does not care about small channels

Attachments

Kendra

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think bigger YouTubers make too much. They all work really hard to make a ton of videos, and it's taken them a long time to get there. I agree with everyone else, they are basically like modern day celebrities, and no one really cares too much how much they make from movies and TV shows! I think they all deserve the success they have today :)

Mr. Universe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Saying that YouTubers make too much is like saying actors make too much, because that's essentially what they are, just without the big fancy equipment, producers, directors, etc.

Parcel

I've Got It
Reaction score
So recently a statistic was shown after a hacker group hacked into Markiplier's account and leaked how much he made in the month of November. I won't share the exact number due to privacy reasons for him but, he made well over 500k in that month. This sparked a bunch of people saying that YouTubers shouldn't be able to make this much money or they make too much money. Another opinion was that they shouldn't get paid this much because they don't put in as much effort as other occupations. What do you think? I think that as long as people make their money legally than they should be able to keep on making it no matter how high it is. So I have no problem with Markiplier making more money than a doctor because, he earned that money himself legally.

Not badmarkiplier earnings.jpg

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
They undoubtedly don't make too much. Yes they make a decent amount but you guys also have to take into account things such as house bills (electric etc.), maintaining a car, food and not to mention some of that money also going towards his partnered network.

As far as earning all the moneys they do deserve it, they clearly put in the grind and the work for them to have those figures, why should we take that away from them or look down on them about it? Snooker players stand about hitting a stick against a ball to hit a load of other balls, no one says anything but as soon as a person who puts time and effort into providing quality content and putting smiles on people faces is mentioned making money? All of a sudden its (they make too much etc.)