• Further advanced

• Not as successful

• Over populated

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnayaNation

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I would like everyone to voice their opinion and project where they see YouTube in the next five years? YouTube has taken off and it seems like everyone from kids to adults have channels and some with multiple channels...In the next five years how hard will it be to be discovered? These are the questions I am asking myself and asking you all as well.

Reactions: MasterDF

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would hope that it would improve drastically in 5 years. Here are my top 5 wishes

1. Ability to categorize videos more neatly such as Genre>Music>Rock or Category>Entertainment>Series>Drama something like that but for every Niche people create on YouTube.

2. Ability to search for videos based on another channel. Say you have a YouTuber who uploads Makeup Tutorials you can upload the same thing and then near the Tags section you have a box that is "Similar Channels" You enter someone else who does the same thing. Then when people find a channel next to their video or end of video you could see a section that says "Other content like this" Would help with sharing and promoting easier.

3. Live Collaborations. You could connect your webcam or any camera to the computer and record directly to your computer with another YouTuber then edit it in your favorite editing program. Say you and someone else from YouTube want to discuss something or do a skit together

4. 24/7 Youtube like MTV Channel. You click a category or youtuber and hit shuffle. It shuffles various videos similar to it. Like a Pandora but for video. This way you can select thumbs up and thumbs down for videos you like or dislike. Might get people you never seen on YouTube before. The Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down would be separate from Liking or Disliking a video. This would just be for the Station.

5. Youtube On Air Personalities. Imagine being able to host your own show where you link to other videos, interview people, discuss youtubers etc and when you want to play something it comes directly from a link so you won't be infringing copyright.

Reactions: AnayaNation

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I see there´s a possibility that a competitor could rise in 5 years, if Youtube continues to rumble all the time!

Reactions: AnayaNation

AnayaNation

Reaction score
Everyone has very good input and a major competition can be key for a growing popution in the human race as well as the tech realm. Competition is needed![DOUBLEPOST=1484885076,1484885052][/DOUBLEPOST]
I see there´s a possibility that a competitor could rise in 5 years, if Youtube continues to rumble all the time!
I think so too!

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally think even now, YouTube is already pretty much over-crowded with lots of creators and not enough viewers. It is getting more difficult for new channels to be discovered, and there's way too much "sub4sub" comments everywhere, with desperate content creators trying to be seen. (Even on instagram, people keep commenting stuff like: new aspiring makeup artist, come check my channel!)

Ok, I may have an overly pessimistic view on the situation.. but I really hope that content creators understand the competition on the platform right now, and support each other genuinely, instead of leaving tons of sub4sub, comment4comment and fake compliment comments on other creator's work. It gets on my nerves..

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I personally think even now, YouTube is already pretty much over-crowded with lots of creators and not enough viewers. It is getting more difficult for new channels to be discovered, and there's way too much "sub4sub" comments everywhere, with desperate content creators trying to be seen. (Even on instagram, people keep commenting stuff like: new aspiring makeup artist, come check my channel!)

Ok, I may have an overly pessimistic view on the situation.. but I really hope that content creators understand the competition on the platform right now, and support each other genuinely, instead of leaving tons of sub4sub, comment4comment and fake compliment comments on other creator's work. It gets on my nerves..
That's why I filter sub4sub and other comments on instagram and youtube

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'd say youtube is definitely not over saturated. The majority of channels die off early on, and only 5% ever get past 100 subscribers. It takes real life work and grind to succeed, many people don't realise that. Blogging is a much more saturated medium, that's coming from someone who ran one for 6 years. I've had way more success, traffic and comments from YouTube. I would say youtube is where blogging was in the early 2000s where a blog could still be very successful. There will come a time though, probably in 5 or 10 years where it will be much much much harder

Reactions: Brandon

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
"Over saturation" is just an excuse for mediocre creativity. Most of us just suck, that's just the way it is. And like adams eats said, most just quit because it takes work to come up with something half decent.
There is no such thing as "over population" on youtube. The more, the better.
If no cataclysmic event is to take place, youtube will only keep evolving, be it in favor of the little guy, or the big corporation. Whatever favors it the most.