• Over populated

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I personally think even now, YouTube is already pretty much over-crowded with lots of creators and not enough viewers. It is getting more difficult for new channels to be discovered, and there's way too much "sub4sub" comments everywhere, with desperate content creators trying to be seen. (Even on instagram, people keep commenting stuff like: new aspiring makeup artist, come check my channel!)

Ok, I may have an overly pessimistic view on the situation.. but I really hope that content creators understand the competition on the platform right now, and support each other genuinely, instead of leaving tons of sub4sub, comment4comment and fake compliment comments on other creator's work. It gets on my nerves..
Going to have to agree on this one. Sub4Sub is the bane of my existence.

Reactions: Cherry Tung

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
YouTube in five years? I am always the optimist but I think it will be better than ever due to more competition which will raise the quality of life experience for both creators and viewers alike

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
H
Hello Everyone,

I would like everyone to voice their opinion and project where they see YouTube in the next five years? YouTube has taken off and it seems like everyone from kids to adults have channels and some with multiple channels...In the next five years how hard will it be to be discovered? These are the questions I am asking myself and asking you all as well.
Hopefully killing it and making it a loving. I have no plan on stopping until im successful. :3

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Fingers crossed its still around / showing ads / paying me monies

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think YouTube is the Facebook of the video world if that makes sense....it's not going anywhere. It will only get larger and more advanced. My predictions (and wants) is that it will become more social (meaning comments/spammers will get blocked...it will allow for more actual engagement with your subs/others) and it will become an integrated part of the home / every TV / network. There will be channels dedicated to sharing upcoming videos, the best content, and have it's own entity like MTV.

Sunsbookishgamesx

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I have a feeling it may be over populated, therefore these next few years are vital

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As much as it's growing now in the future it's going to be near impossible to get a channel started off.

Dalindcy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think traditional TV channels are going to find a way to get more successful on YouTube (eventually start YouTube spinoffs etc?) But I think YouTube as it is now will still be around, but probably a lot more overcrowded. I always recommend people to start channels right now, because in five years I think it'll be even harder to get noticed.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
It is interesting, I've seen a lot of youtubers talk about this topic. This is a big reason why youtubers use their fame from youtube to create other opportunities for themselves because there is no certainty how long youtube will last. Just look at what happened to vine. Just an interesting thought I hadn't had before.