• I would never consider it

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

TheBeardedMountainBiker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here's a question then:

If you are monetized but have less than 10k views, will ads still be played? Or do the ads only come in to play once 10k views have been reached?

My channel is only small but I was able to monetize right from the start, even though it only made a few pennies. I know I'll never make loads due to the content of the channel being quite niche and such, but then I'm just doing it for fun.

If my viewers are having to endure ads, then I'll de-monetize for the time being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Krounzakuk

Reaction score
Here's a question then:

If you are monetized but have less than 10k views, will ads still be played? Or do the ads only come in to play once 10k views have been reached?

My channel is only small but I was able to monetize right from the start, even though it only made a few pennies. I know I'll never make loads due to the content of the channel being quite niche and such, but then I'm just doing it for fun.

If my viewers are having to endure ads, then I'll de-monetize for the time being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yes if you monetize the video the adds will begin playing. There is no view count you must reach first.