What's the Longest Break You Have Taken From YouTube?

FunWithTheBugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have been uploading 2 videos a week consistanly for a few months now and spend hours everyday doing YouTube stuff and trying to grow our channel. I have been thinking about maybe taking a week or 2 off to refresh myself.

What's the longest break you have taken from uploading and why. Did it have any effect on your channel growth, either positive or negative?

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think around 2 weeks. I do not think it had any visible effect on channel stats. We were also uploading around 2 videos per week (recently just one or less).

Reactions: FunWithTheBugs

TheFrostTee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
7 months or so and I just found my love for doing it again this last week...I'm hoping to get back to where I left off but obviously improve

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
5 years. Lmao. But two different channels. I've had this YTTalk account since 2012 when I had my first YouTube channel, and I just remade one now that I'm out of college and have a big boy job and can focus on other things besides having a mental breakdown in my car over a failed psychology test.

On this current channel? I haven't.. I've been doing my best to upload weekly and have been doing so since January when I made it.

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
7 Months, decided to create a completely new channel too.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't remember how long my first break was, but it was before I was doing consistent videos. I recently got done with a 3-month break. It has had no effect on my channel because videos were still being published on a regular basis. I had already uploaded them and scheduled them to be published at certain dates, which is why I felt comfortable taking the break.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have done a couple of weeks at the time, it´s just because I didn´t have internet where I stayed, so I uploaded whenever I got home!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive had several breaks of a couple of months off or more and it has done no harm.
Ive also got several dormant channels that I havnt uploaded to in years and they still pull the same amount of views/new subs as always.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
3 weeks. But just go to once every 7-10 days and no one will notice

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Max 2 weeks between videos was the maximum for me, had no noticeable negative effect from it.