What's the Longest Break You Have Taken From YouTube?

GrantsMod

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Since I started my current channel (2013), two days is the most I've taken off in a row.

I took about a month and a half off while running my last channel (2010-late 2012), and it almost completely killed it.

Reactions: FunWithTheBugs

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I upload 1 or 2 videos a day and the longest break i have taken in my 16 months is about 3 days

ItsMoldgold

Reaction score
It really depends on how long of a break you take. If it's for like a week or 2, it shouldn't effect your channel much... if at all. However if you go on a break for multiple months and are not active as far commenting or posting tweets and having no way of keeping your fans updated. Your channel will start to decline. I recently just made a new channel because I kept taking long breaks. And all. Y subs were inactive. I'd imagine the size of the channel makes a huge difference too. Bigger youtubers can always come back and expect views, it may be slightly less but it's easier for them to gain them back. None the less if you need a break. The best thing to do is inform your subs. Don't just do it without the heads up

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Due to the nature of my vids they're already pretty far apart as is, but I uploaded my latest one a few days ago marking a full 4 month gap between vids (college happened. It tends to do that from time to time :D ). Ended up losing a sub. I'm actually pretty happy that's where it stopped, expected far more people to absolutely lose interest after 4 months of nothing :D

But bugger me backwards if YouTube becomes accommodating towards staggered releases. It does NOT like waiting around for your sorry behind :)

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Well at the moment I've been having a 'break' or as I like to call it 'lack of motivation/creativity/a sense of self doubt' for about 2 months now, for the reasons I've just stated XD

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
7 months because my laptop broke and I had no way of fixing it until recently. I lost a couple subs but was still getting views. I start again this week.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Im in college so I took a three week break around finals. I lost a handful of subscribers, but nothing crazy. Then again I am a very very small channel. Someone did however comment that they were glad I was back when I returned so that was nice :)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think a month to two months. It usually happens when I get hit with something in the personal life, or the most recent month break, the downturn of 2016 where the bottom just fell out of my channel. I don't do this for money, but when your base just falls away from under you that has an effect on you. Now I just upload 1-3 videos a month, and that used to be a solid once a week. I just can't justify spending more time on it anymore. I've been "hobby-zoned" and I should treat it that way.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
After posting for nearly 7 years, the longest period of break is close to 2 weeks now because my game account was compromised and forcibly removed.

I'm planning to return with slightly different contents but until I post a new one, I've informed my subs on my "departure".