What's Been Your Biggest Difficulty Youtubing So Far?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My difficulty is with my constant fighting with YouTube bugs that appear and break my videos all the time. I am in permanent contact with YouTube support, but most of the time they can't fix the bugs by themselves, so I have to figure a way to fix them from my side if possible, or wait for months (or even years) with the hope they eventually get fixed automatically. Today I was happy that I fixed a very annoying bug, but when I checked some of the videos several hours later - bam its the bug there again, even more noticeable, and not possible to fix anymore. Bigger difficulty is that the bugs are appearing to be totally random on random videos, so I depend mostly on viewers to report them, but most of the time the viewers just skip the video and go to other video, which worsens the situation even more.

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My difficulty is with my constant fighting with YouTube bugs that appear and break my videos all the time. I am in permanent contact with YouTube support, but most of the time they can't fix the bugs by themselves, so I have to figure a way to fix them from my side if possible, or wait for months (or even years) with the hope they eventually get fixed automatically. Today I was happy that I fixed a very annoying bug, but when I checked some of the videos several hours later - bam its the bug there again, even more noticeable, and not possible to fix anymore. Bigger difficulty is that the bugs are appearing to be totally random on random videos, so I depend mostly on viewers to report them, but most of the time the viewers just skip the video and go to other video, which worsens the situation even more.
Interesting. Can you give an example of the most common type of bug you're running into?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Interesting. Can you give an example of the most common type of bug you're running into?
The most common bug I run into is that YouTube doesn't save the settings for Stereoscopic 3D videos correctly (in the advanced tab), so the player doesn't display the video properly and viewers can't watch good version. Additionally, since April this year YouTube said they will deprecate the 3D checkbox all together, which puts thousands of my videos at risk to get broken overnight (it already happened once back in September 2015, when they broke nearly a thousand of my videos with the switch from Flash to HTML5). Additionally I had to write my own metatag insertion tool, because there wasn't any available, etc, etc.. so many technical difficulties to list them all here. Well, whatever, I make 3D videos since 2012 and I will continue to make them, because I enjoy the results very much, and sorting out the technical difficulties I accept as part of the challenge. But you guys shall be really happy that you create normal videos and you don't face the technical difficulties that I face daily (they start from pre-production and can go on forever as long as YouTube "fixes" things). I hope this post doesn't sound as rant. It shall be more for motivating you, because I am really motivated despite the issues I face all the time.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont have too much difficulty but I guess if I had 1 minor one is keeping a schedule. Ive not fallen from schedule but I have been close and its those couple of close times where if had to find time to knock a few videos out.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I´m guessing the hardest part is to get to do the traveling videos, I´m feeling that it´s too far between them, since I have to save money, and getting the time to go traveling, since I have to work. Even though I love my work, I love traveling even more!

ChemicalScence

This Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My difficulty is finding the time and motivation sometimes, because I work a lot i rarely get a lot of time off and i wanna record on my days off but at the same time I just want to chill and do other things and it frustrates me when I don't get anything done eventhough its my own fault haha

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My biggest difficulty is wanting to play the bigger and better games but my pc cannot handle them as it is just a small simple gaming pc... the difficulty here is getting the money to afford a better one XD

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My biggest struggle is improving my video quality. I'm getting there but needs more work

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like my biggest struggle has been actually finding the time and motivation to make my videos in the first place. It's a pretty long process, but I'm also pretty impatient so it sometimes feels paralyzing to even make that first move and get things started. Also, it feels like a lot of work to do for it to not really get appreciated by that many people, but I know I really shouldn't be focusing on that.