There's plenty of youtube vids that show big youtubers using free alternatives to Photoshop. There's quite a few in-browser image editors that would do the job just fine for thumbnails. Something like Pixlr. Just take a look on youtube.

Anyway best combo Photoshop + google images, no matter what anyone say, this combo is simply the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely Adobe Photoshop is the best way to go! As long as you are familiar with the software which might take some time to learn and there is a lot of video teaching you, you can do anything with an image in that software.
Create an high quality image in Photoshop, from pictures found on google and when you export in lower the file size until you get to less than 2MB so you can upload it on YouTube.

Definitely Adobe Photoshop is the best way to go! As long as you are familiar with the software which might take some time to learn and there is a lot of video teaching you, you can do anything with an image in that software.
Create an high quality image in Photoshop, from pictures found on google and when you export in lower the file size until you get to less than 2MB so you can upload it on YouTube.

Thanks. For high quality images on google do you mean background pictures? I currently use still images from my videos and notice it's at times grainy when doing this from the video editor. I'll have to get a better vlogging camera possibly.[DOUBLEPOST=1495462519,1495462292][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use picmonkey for all mine! They have several easy fixes and tools and such! Photoshop is just way to intense for me haha.. I also agree though, your thumbnails look vibrant to me!

I use this also but there is no image background eraser. Womp womp

i choose my thumbnails from my videos too..well..sometimes lol here lately i've been getting a little more creative. Anyways, when you save, save as a PNG. PNG is like what jpg,gif, and jpeg is..cept it's not, it's PNG <-- lol

As far as I know, .png is known for saving files as the highest quality. you will happy to hear that there will be 0 Grain in your photos. Grain usually appears when you save as a jpeg or jpg. jpeg or jpg = a no no. .png = a yes yes

i wish you the best of luck and happy thumbnailing!

ps - i use pixlr.com/editor for image manipulation. its dabomb

Back