What does family and friends think of your channel (if you told them)?

Most of my friends and family know about my channel, and their reactions range from apathy to enthusiastic support (although the 'enthusiastic support' part is basically just my parents).

I tell people about it when I think about it. Most of my family is mildly interested in it. They mainly just ask me how it's going once in a while. My dentist asks me about it each visit. People seem to use it as something to talk about rather than something for them to actually go watch. I have a co-worker who watches them sometimes and he shows other people. I have a friend who watches once in a while and has mentioned it to 2 guys he was playing a game with on Xbox. To his surprise, they had already seen some of my videos. My wife hears way more than she likes about it from me.

What does your family and friends think of your YouTube channel? How did you break it/introduce it to them? If you have not told anyone about it is there any reason why? I feel like most people that start off don't tell anyone (including myself) but I could be wrong. I am just curious.

Well, I've never hid my channel from my family, they love my magic, and my mom is always the first one to see my new magic tricks :) And she is kinda the first one to see my video to haha :) And she often shares them on her facebook :) I love my mom <3

I think most of my family and friends think it's an odd hobby to have, and that I'm a bit strange in the head. But the second part of that (I'm strange in the head) has been a constant, YouTube or not. :)

At first moment they think about it just time waste, but after little bit success, now they think it was just awesome....

If I were to tell my family, the first thing they'd ask is whether is it worth spending hours on the computer just to get X dollars a month :tongue:

They all know. In fact, it's a huge deal for me. They believe in the work I'm doing. Now they're expecting me to become some sort of celebrity and not forget about them. Huge shoes to fill.

I actually told my mom before starting, I wanted to have their opinion and support :) I told my friends after like a year when I was really satisfied with my kind of content and when I thought that it could potentially interest them. They've been super supportive and some of my friends actually watch all my videos and give me feedback on them afterwards, so it's really motivating and I'm really happy they support me that much :)

Most of my friends and family know about my channel, and their reactions range from apathy to enthusiastic support (although the 'enthusiastic support' part is basically just my parents).
That is awesome! I thought about being more open about since they are people that are closer to me but that makes me nervous. Its awesome that your parents are supportive. That's always the best feeling.[DOUBLEPOST=1473804040,1473803783][/DOUBLEPOST]
I tell people about it when I think about it. Most of my family is mildly interested in it. They mainly just ask me how it's going once in a while. My dentist asks me about it each visit. People seem to use it as something to talk about rather than something for them to actually go watch. I have a co-worker who watches them sometimes and he shows other people. I have a friend who watches once in a while and has mentioned it to 2 guys he was playing a game with on Xbox. To his surprise, they had already seen some of my videos. My wife hears way more than she likes about it from me.
Lol I'm sure your wife is a huge fan of your channel but it is pretty cool that people like to hear about it every now and then to see how it's growing. I will be more open about my channel in due time.[DOUBLEPOST=1473804181][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think most of my family and friends think it's an odd hobby to have, and that I'm a bit strange in the head. But the second part of that (I'm strange in the head) has been a constant, YouTube or not. :)
I can understand. When you think about hobbies you think of people playing music, sports, reading books, cooking and etc. Youtube is something that you have to put a lot more time in to. My parents would probably think I am wasting my time since I am in college right now lol

Most of them take the p**s, but as a joke. I don't really mind people knowing tbh, I just tend to ignore them if its a bad response too

Back