What do you use to record? (Gamers)

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
lol I was going to use Shadowplay then found out my graphics card wasn't good enough :s. So I use Fraps. Yes Audacity does have a noise reduction filter, I use it on all my audio, it's awesome.
I'll try it out, thanks for telling me :)[DOUBLEPOST=1455606720,1455606630][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use an Elgato Capture Card for recording my console gameplay! I've been using Fraps on and off to record my PC gameplay but recently I've been learning to use OBS. Its not an easy software to use but hopefully I can figure it out and get some PC gameplay out!! For editing I use iMovie, its free on the Mac and it has the bare minimum of features but does the job for me so I can't complain! xD
Yeah. It''s very easy once you learn how to use it! ;)

Reactions: Goin' All Gamer

DCubed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's a couple editing programs I've used. For recording video, I've used Fraps for PC games, Hauppage and ElGato HD for consoles. Audicity can record my audio no problem.
For editing, I usually use Sony Vegas HD 11 or 13, but I'm hoping to learn about Adobe Premiere Pro soon.

Predonum

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Shadowplay, works great. Get good quality on both video and sound. But i mostly record PS4 and that I do with Elgato HD60 Game capture. Edit in Cyberlink Powerdirector 14

Mr Kerbibble

A couple of nerds. A nerd couple, if you will.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For consoles, I typically had used my Elgato, but I've been having a ton of problems with the footage becoming corrupted quite a few times. Even after 'optimizing' it and my computer, I typically would get corrupted footage. Nothing like 'recording' for an hour and half to discover you've lost like 50% of the video. It's weird, because I have no issues with streaming with it. I don't know, maybe I'm just terrible at 'optimizing' :p But for computer stuff, I have used FRAPS and now OBS on occasion

Freezedown

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use a HD PVR 2 for my console games, which at the moment is all i record but I used to use Fraps for PC stuff then I use audacity for my voice.

projectorgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use an Elgato HD60 for my ps4 with a blue snowball ice currently. Not using any external programs other than what is required to run the elgato.

Reactions: Dstacey97

Dstacey97

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a Elgato HD60 capture card for capture and streaming. I like it because i predominately record with my ps4 and it makes recording on a console really easy. I also use Final cut pro for editing. I know it is expensive but it is by far my favorite editing software.

579Jacob

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Shadowplay despite its lack of features, but I see no lag at all, and it's free.
I use Camtasia to edit which proves extremely helpful.
If you'd like, you can use Audacity to remove background sound as well. There are tutorials on this, as I cannot remember how to do it. In post, remove your recorder's audio and replace it with audacity's.