What do you use to record? (Gamers)

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What do you use to record, edit etc and what settings/misc...

I use OBS 720p60fps, and I edit with Sony Vegas Pro 13.

I also use an app called NoiseGator that actively removes background noise by adding a noise gate. Great app :)

What do you use to record/edit? Any discrete/uncommon apps to help you like NoiseGator?

Reactions: Goin' All Gamer

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm recording with Shadowplay at the moment. It's free if your NVIDIA Graphics card is good enough. And recording my voice with Audacity (also free).

Not using any Noise reduction techniques or software. I should still look into that sometimes though, but I'm quite sure it can be done within Audacity as well.

I'm doing my editing with Adobe Premiere Pro.

Reactions: CaptainDelugo

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm recording with Shadowplay at the moment. It's free if your NVIDIA Graphics card is good enough. And recording my voice with Audacity (also free).

Not using any Noise reduction techniques or software. I should still look into that sometimes though, but I'm quite sure it can be done within Audacity as well.

I'm doing my editing with Adobe Premiere Pro.
Yeah. Nvidia's Shadowplay is great. I like OBS just for the more indepth options and usability. Shadowplay always seems to get my mic way to loud xD Great app though.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
lol I was going to use Shadowplay then found out my graphics card wasn't good enough :s. So I use Fraps. Yes Audacity does have a noise reduction filter, I use it on all my audio, it's awesome.

Reactions: Mattaxol

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use Dxtory for most recordings, but I switch to OBS sometimes when am recording my desktop or If I decide to stream. I import my mic audio into audacity afterwards and do some clever audio editing to make me sound like Michael Bublé

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Haha! That gives me an idea to create a James Earl Jones voice when commentating a Star Wars game :p
>< If only it were that simple I'd make myself sound like Roger Moore all the time and drink margaritas as I am doing it.

Reactions: Mattaxol and Owlins

Goin' All Gamer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use an Elgato Capture Card for recording my console gameplay! I've been using Fraps on and off to record my PC gameplay but recently I've been learning to use OBS. Its not an easy software to use but hopefully I can figure it out and get some PC gameplay out!! For editing I use iMovie, its free on the Mac and it has the bare minimum of features but does the job for me so I can't complain! xD

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I'm recording game footage with Fraps. I know it's unoptimised and have huge files, but fraps have never failed me.
For my voice I use audacity, and for my facecam I just use a standard video camera :p

For editing I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 and audacity.