Spaceshipcontrol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

I have a question. Am i actually allowed to use branded products in my videos? In my videos, sometimes I use food items like cans of sodas or bottles of milk. Those have logos and names of certain brands on it, for example Coca Cola or Monster Energy or EDEKA. Is it okay if I put this stuff on YouTube or will I get into trouble for it? I am not sponsored by anyone. I just use the products, for example for cooking parodies, and I just use them for jokes.

Do i need to censor that? Or is it okay?

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Product displacement is the removing of trademarked products from primarily visual media in order to avoid the payment of licensing fees, if the trademark owner objects, or if the broadcaster would prefer not to publicise a product for free, if the owners have not paid for it to be included in a programme.[1]

Source Wikipedia

Well that's why people don't use it on tv shows and the like but I don't know about YouTube videos at all I hope someone else does lol I'm interested too

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Unfortunately, there is no hard rule.

For the most part, you should be fine, but there is always the chance that the brand or company wouldn't like to be affiliated with you... and that could lead to problems down the road.

If you show the products in a negative light or have them possibly creating something dangerous or do something that may cause others harm in recreating, you're more likely to have problems down the line if your channel grows big.

AoiZasso

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Usually TV shows and Movies would get in trouble, but YouTube vids get away with it pretty easily. Nothing to worry about!

Spaceshipcontrol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay, thanks for the answers. :)

Last edited: