Trying to Talk is Harder Than Previously Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have pauses in my videos and try to find ways to fill them. Now I just interrupt myself and stutter and lose focus. It's all part of the fun though. It get's easier to just talk as you go.

Editing is my friend - I've done a lot of podcasting, so I'm okay at avoiding a lot of filler words but I still find myself saying "um" way too much for my liking, but it's easy enough to take em out in Audacity. Practicing really does help such a lot (I'm pretty confident when I have at least one other person to bounce off on a recording, but doing a single person LP is pretty challenging for me), as does listening back and critiquing yourself, then focussing on not saying the words you're wincing at next time.

I have realized that I do this a lot when I'm filming, and something that really helps me is rehearsing what I am going to say before I say it (not scripted, but just making sure I have a general idea of what I want to say) so I can eliminate that as much as possible. Of course, if you're making a gameplay video, this is definitely somethign that is going to be harder to work around, but as you get more comfortable it should get easier.

YES! I never thought how hard it was to talk to a camera but it is. but after you keep doing it the better you will get as you don't have to edit as much haha. practice makes perfect.

lol. This is a pretty funny topic. I thought that I was the only one having this problem. I've tried writing scripts, but it comes off too scripted. Now I just note some topics and fill in the blank. However I have been told that I need to sound more excited..lol However that's not my normal tone and it makes me sound fake...if that makes sense. For now I'm just being me

Boy are we glad to see other people struggling, we (recently) found that simply having more people on helps to keep the "volleyball" in the air. Taryn is the actor and I am bringing my mechanic personality so I am working on fixing my energy. Its pretty rough and scary when you go blank so we have Taryn toss in bullet points to keep me going. Best of luck to you all!

Boy are we glad to see other people struggling, we (recently) found that simply having more people on helps to keep the "volleyball" in the air. Taryn is the actor and I am bringing my mechanic personality so I am working on fixing my energy. Its pretty rough and scary when you go blank so we have Taryn toss in bullet points to keep me going. Best of luck to you all!

@The LADY n the FOX Pod

Hi and welcome to YTtalk. :)

This thread is from 2016. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Tip: You can see when a member was last online by clicking on their username above their avatar.

Please only reply more recent threads (less than 2 months old is a good guideline)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back