I can see the temptation in it, but I think that when you look at the future, you would want active subscribers that care about your content, rather than people cho just clicked a button and will never (or rarely) come back to your channel. You will see a ton of subscribers on a channel that gets a poor ratio of views to subscribers, because the people subscribe don't care about that content, and as a creator, you want people to care about what you are putting up.

personally i dont believe in it, it doesnt get either person a real sub casue most likely you may not like the other persons vids

The irony is I think a lot of people do Sub4sub because they think YouTube gets easier when you reach a certain sub count.

YouTube does get easier as you grow, because of more people sharing your content... and also because greater watch times/engagement cause YouTube to see that your content may be worth watching, and recommend it to others/rank it highly. YouTube doesn't get easier because of you having a certain sub count, it gets easier when you have a certain number of active viewers (subscribed or not).

The problem is, doing sub4sub is actually the antithesis of this. By artificially inflating your sub count with people who are only subbing because they want you to sub back, you're getting a ton of dead/inactive subs who don't watch your videos. This just tells YouTube that you have a huge subscriber count but tiny viewer base.. which suggests that something is wrong with your videos that is causing no-one to watch them. As a result, if anything, sub4sub will actually make your videos rank and perform more poorly than if you didn't have those subscribers in the first place.

Also, personally if I see someone offering sub4sub, it doesn't matter whether it's on my video or elsewhere but I'll immediately report their comment as spam. I'm certain I'm not the only one, and if you're being spammy like that and regularly getting reported for it, that's going to cause you other issues. One notable thing that could do is cause your comments to automatically be flagged as spam.

I know I sometimes see certain users on my channel automatically going into spam when they comment - and all their comments are genuine and not spammy at all. A couple of times I've noticed that these are the same users who're going around and posting sub4sub requests on other channels. YouTube has seen them spamming, and acted accordingly to block it - so now they can't even have genuine conversations elsewhere.

I actually did a video on this. The concept is hilarious to me. People who use SUB4SUB just end up with a mass of ghost subscribers. I said in my video;

"A channel with 10 subscribers and 10 views per/video > A channel with 1,000 (sub4)subscribers and 10 views per video."

I don't think sub4sub really works. Because the moment they say check out my video and you do and sub, they leave because they think that have more subs now. It's not really all that genuine and you wouldn't want your channel to become that at all. You want your viewers to be genuine and actually love your work and watch. So I don't believe in it.

Yeah, I don't like sub4sub, they never actually sub anyway. Or like everyone else said they end up unfollowing. Also people who do sub4sub, most of the time but not always, have sucky content anyway lol.
I hate people who comment on your video and say hey cool video check out mine yeah? and don't even sub its like gtfo. >_>

I am painfully aware of sub4sub not really working. I think when I was rly young, like 13 or 14, I used to do it on my old channels. But now that it's like... ten years later? I'm less naive about it and I don't bother. Plus, it just feels a bit disingenious. Now, if I see any of your channels and I like how they develop, then sure I'd love to follow you and to see you grow. But just a sub4sub deal? Nah, that's not gonna work and I know it won't. It's better to start small with a few dedicated subscribers and commenters, then to start big with people who are only there to benefit themselves. Yes, I know that YouTube is a business, but trust me, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was JennaMarbles' follower count.

Iv never been asked but personally i dont care. I never unsubscibe from anyone iv never understood why people do. Iv even seen videos and they have like 2 subs so i sub them just to help them out and i dont unsub because being subbed to them doesnt affect my life in anyway. I never get or even expect a sub back i do it simple to help someone out.

BINGE POSTING
Well, it is okay to do that for first 50-100 subscribers, because you will be a bit more popular then. People can see your content more often than with 0 subs :) Then slowly you will gain subscribers. I gained around 10-30 subscribers that way, and other 60-70 just came in :)

Back