Facebook groups are totally useless. They never helped me, but got so much of spams. So its better to build your community yourself. It is much better to be honest :)

I've moved this to the strategy/technique advice forum.

Sub4Sub is bad, but there may be good facebook groups out there. I'd avoid anything that has the word "subscribe" in the title or description. Those are useless.

I'm in a couple of decent Facebook groups that dedicate themselves to building a community of people, rather than focusing solely on them sweet tasty numbers. They are hard to come by, but if you're dedicated enough to do some digging, you'll have some luck.

That kind of subs dont matter as they r fake more than real, I mean they won't be active and looking for ur content.

better keep building a real fans.

Yeah you're right in thinking they are 'fake' subs. Majority of those groups just want to see that subscriber number go up and don't realise that none of the other important ones come up with it

I agree with you all. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find some good facebook groups, but, just out of curiosity I joined some of this sub 4 sub groups. Everyone is spamming with their channel link and so on. As stated in my first post, I strongly do not recommend.

I feel well educated on this matter as I just went through this. I joined about 30 groups recently and immediately backed out of all of them except like 2. They were all sub4sub..watch my video..etc posts. No one even bothers to read posts..they simply post over top of each other. I did find 2 that were organized...so much so that I created my own group for some of my subs that often ask common questions, want resources or want my project files. That part of FB groups is really cool. It lets you create files where you can store links and info to frequently asked questions..store project files and other resources that can be updated by members. I also created a schedule of when they can post links and control who can post based on their activity. So basically it can be effective if organized. Good luck

I'm in a couple of decent Facebook groups that dedicate themselves to building a community of people, rather than focusing solely on them sweet tasty numbers. They are hard to come by, but if you're dedicated enough to do some digging, you'll have some luck.

Could you share some? I've been looking for some to join but they're mostly for gaming.. :)

Here's my thought on Facebook groups. I LOVE them if they aren't youtube/ sub4sub groups. If you have a niche you fit, like for instance, mine is coffee. Hit up the groups in your niche (ex: coffee groups). You can then make your own facebook page for you youtube channel, share random stuff on that and, in return, share the post from your facebook page to those groups. That gains HUGE exposure to your page. From there you can post your videos and it gives it more exposure to other people that may actually be interested in your stuff you are posting.

Back