Sub 4 sub problem and other stuff...

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok so In the last couple of weeks I read non-stop about how to grow channels and about the importance of SEO.

In my latest video I started thinking keywords very well and not just randomly put what comes in my mind first.
(of course it always related to video, but I guess not well enough)

Anyway among all pieces of advice that there is out there, there is one that I don't know how to deal with:

Everyone says that sub4sub is a BIG no-no, and I agree. But at the same time people advise on commenting on other channels, without asking people to subscribe, just engage in conversations which I also agree. The bad part of this is that i noticed people answer back...and they check my channel as well and even subscribe, and 80% of them ask me to subscribe back.

I feel really bad when i reject because I know how that feels...and the sad part is they subscribe...and then unsubscribe because I didn't do it also. So i keep going back and forth with subscribes because of this.

How do you guys deal with this? All the advice is just coco jambo rambling? And the only REAL advice is to keep posting until you get lucky?

Thank you for taking your time for reading!

Reactions: Kyrostorm

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Stick with your guns about not subscribing for the sake that they asked for it, and if they really are genuine about subscribing they will continue to be subscribed!

Reactions: Kyrostorm

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unfortunately most of them subscribe hoping i do the same... :/

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The main thing is, that type of subs don't means to you because they will not watch your videos or really follow you. So that numbers are useless. So build hard and slow and your channel will be great. Wish you best luck with the path :)

Reactions: Larya

OburnE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should look to the subscribers as people who wants your content. Sub 4 sub crates only numbers which don't have any meaning as far as I experienced. The engagement ratio of your videos makes youtube to promote it and get more views and eventually more subs who will follow you and watch your future content. Based on the quality of your videos and content reaching people may take a long time. From my experience, I can say that don't worry too much about subs at the beginning.

Reactions: Kyrostorm and Larya

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The main thing is, that type of subs don't means to you because they will not watch your videos or really follow you. So that numbers are useless. So build hard and slow and your channel will be great. Wish you best luck with the path :)
Well i know they don't mean anything...so in the end, i should stop posting on other channels?
Thank you so much, I also wish you all the good luck in the world!

You should look to the subscribers as people who wants your content. Sub 4 sub crates only numbers which don't have any meaning as far as I experienced. The engagement ratio of your videos makes youtube to promote it and get more views and eventually more subs who will follow you and watch your future content. Based on the quality of your videos and content reaching people may take a long time. From my experience, I can say that don't worry too much about subs at the beginning.
Yep I totally agree with you..so in the end, not all advice is good. I mean the commenting on other channels thing because it's just attracts people who ask for sub.

Agree i was also a victim if this now i just ignore them as they only hurt my channel
So now you don't comment on other channels?
By the way, glad to see you here!

Reactions: AmuseYourBrain

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well i know they don't mean anything...so in the end, i should stop posting on other channels?
Thank you so much, I also wish you all the good luck in the world!

Yep I totally agree with you..so in the end, not all advice is good. I mean the commenting on other channels thing because it's just attracts people who ask for sub.

So now you don't comment on other channels?
By the way, glad to see you here!
I would keep posting but when somebody asks for sub 4 sub i would ignore that :)

Reactions: Larya