Scandinavian Freckles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, I was wondering a few things and hopefully you guys can help !

I am currently self employed and don't really have enough money to buy all the great equipment and stuff so up until now I have filmed a few videos on my phone ( Samsung Grand Prime) and the quality isn't the great but I want to wait until I have the money to buy a good camera and a mic. I Am editing videos in Windows movie maker and I am not really happy with it but I don't want to invest in a lot of things until I can you know?

What do you guys think, is it a bad idea to continue filming on my phone ? I think its better to just do it and than as I can save up I can start buying the things I need.

Any advice or suggestion is highly appreciated !!

Lots of Love, Linda

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
The quality of the video with the camera is not that bad tbh, the microphone can be improved a bit. I recently got myself a camera and did my first ever vlog with a camera, before that I had this creative twist where I combined my drawings to be a representation of me in my vlogs.
If you are serious about it or wish to invest in youtube you can go ahead and do so.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
I say never wait, if you want to make a video then do it :D A phone camera is fine as a starting point :)

Scandinavian Freckles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I say never wait, if you want to make a video then do it :D A phone camera is fine as a starting point :)
Thank you for the help :) I have uploaded to videos that were filmed with my phone and so far I am happy :) !! Thanks for taking the time !!!

Reactions: Brodie

Hok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't wait!
I've always wanted to be a youtuber when I was a kid, but I always had an excuse as to why I shouldn't be making videos, and a lot of those excuses were because I didn't have the necessary equipment. Fast forward a few years later, I actually do have the equipment and financial stability for me to make a channel and I'm regretting that I didn't start sooner!
Keep on making videos with whatever you have right now, and gain the experience of having a youtube channel. You can get better equipment when you're more successful and I don't know about anyone else, but I love going back to a famous youtuber's first few videos and seeing how much they've changed since they started, so having your videos being in subpar quality instead of amazing quality would give your viewers a sense that you're human just like them with a humble beginning.

Scandinavian Freckles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't wait!
I've always wanted to be a youtuber when I was a kid, but I always had an excuse as to why I shouldn't be making videos, and a lot of those excuses were because I didn't have the necessary equipment. Fast forward a few years later, I actually do have the equipment and financial stability for me to make a channel and I'm regretting that I didn't start sooner!
Keep on making videos with whatever you have right now, and gain the experience of having a youtube channel. You can get better equipment when you're more successful and I don't know about anyone else, but I love going back to a famous youtuber's first few videos and seeing how much they've changed since they started, so having your videos being in subpar quality instead of amazing quality would give your viewers a sense that you're human just like them with a humble beginning.
Thank you for the advice :) I agree and I will continue doing my videos on my phone and maybe in a while when I have the oportunity to get the equipment I can :) !!
Thanks for taking the time to answer !! it means a lot !!!

Hok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the advice :) I agree and I will continue doing my videos on my phone and maybe in a while when I have the oportunity to get the equipment I can :) !!
Thanks for taking the time to answer !! it means a lot !!!
You're welcome, and good luck on your channel, I hope to see more of it in the future!