SEO for vlogging?

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey everyone. I know how important SEO is on Google related platforms. Now I understand how you can generate traffic for other channels, by using specific keywords. But as a vlogger I can't write titles like "top5 reasons for ..." or "How to get ...". So my question is, how can I leverage SEO as vlogger?

I would be really grateful for your help.

Cheers,
Andrej

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ok. I vlogging for almost 4 weeks. My main traffic is generated through Reddit.
I have 1700 views and 19 subscribers. Which means only 1.1% convert into a subscriber.

1. How do you vloggers use SEO to your advantage? I can use tags and the description. But how do you title your videos SEO friendly. I can't write things like "Top5 moments of my day" in order to get more views.

Last edited by a moderator:

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just title the video whatever you want to title it lol if it isn't a jumble of words that makes no sense then you are just as likely to be found as every other person. I think maybe the content itself might be less appealing to the masses as apposed to the name of the title I mean I'm not really going to click on a video titled "how to build a contact database" unless I'm very specifically looking for that but I don't know what you are basing your channel or what the main theme of your channel is so maybe that's just what you do.

Reactions: and_the-teddy_bach

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just title the video whatever you want to title it lol if it isn't a jumble of words that makes no sense then you are just as likely to be found as every other person. I think maybe the content itself might be less appealing to the masses as apposed to the name of the title I mean I'm not really going to click on a video titled "how to build a contact database" unless I'm very specifically looking for that but I don't know what you are basing your channel or what the main theme of your channel is so maybe that's just what you do.
But what exactly is not appealing? Is it the quality? Or is it the topic? Or is it my accent and my looks? I am so confused :unsure::unsure::unsure:

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I wouldn't dwell on what isn't appealing... Many people are drawn to different personas and different visual elements. It takes time to grow a channel, don't expect to have 1000 passionate followers in just a few weeks.

My advise would be to share your content with your friends, and on other social platforms and just wait! In my opinion, views are more important than subscribers, because even if 1.1% of your viewers are becoming subscribers, you're still getting exposure and growth!

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I wouldn't dwell on what isn't appealing... Many people are drawn to different personas and different visual elements. It takes time to grow a channel, don't expect to have 1000 passionate followers in just a few weeks.
LOL ... I also didn't expect to get 1000 in a month or so. But I would like to see a conversion rate of around 3-5%, not 1.1%.

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
That all comes with time, and there are so many variables! One week it might be at that 5% range and another week it might be .5% There's no telling what your content will do one week from the next!

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
That all comes with time, and there are so many variables! One week it might be at that 5% range and another week it might be .5% There's no telling what your content will do one week from the next!
Agree. Maybe I am a bit insecure, because I am not really happy about the quality of my content and I try to get most out of the cameras I am working with.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But what exactly is not appealing?
It's not appealing because I don't spend my time looking at "how to build a contact database" as I have no reason to know how as it doesn't apply to me at all so it's the topic of discussion that is uninteresting to me but obviously that's just me.