Kyle Laughlin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So this is something I've searched for quite a while now. Maybe someone with more uploads/experience has the answer from their own stats... do scheduled uploads not do as well (not get pushed correctly) vs regular public uploads that post as soon as finished processing??? Obviously for big youtubers scheduled uploads are a dream come true because all their subs are going to watch when it goes live... but for us small guys who are trying to grow an audience...

I'm seriously curious about this because the way YouTube is today is ridiculous and with a full time job I rely heavily on scheduled uploads the day before. To me it seems public uploads at a good posting time always do better but then I'll have a random scheduled that does amazing. And vise versa.

Any thoughts. opinions, and facts are appreciated!

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I'm not a big YouTuber, but I use the scheduled uploads all the time on my videos I'll upload a few days before I release the video because I upload new gaming videos every Tuesday and I have a job which I work so, there are times where I'm at work when my video gets released. Most of my views during this time are from my subscribers then when I get home I advertise the video in other locations to get more views from non-subscribers. Uploading as soon as the video is done and scheduled really doesn't make any difference to me it's about the same views / likes / comments on them all before I advertise the video to non-subscribers.

Reactions: Kyle Laughlin

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
All the "schedule" option does is automate clicking the "publish (make public)" button. That's it. It doesn't add any special settings or anything. If you had 2 versions of the same video with the exact same video, audio, title, description, tags, thumb and everything else and then scheduled it for 3am, it would have performed exactly the same if you had waited up all night and manually clicked on "publish" at 3am.

Reactions: PictureFIT

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All the "schedule" option does is automate clicking the "publish (make public)" button. That's it. It doesn't add any special settings or anything. If you had 2 versions of the same video with the exact same video, audio, title, description, tags, thumb and everything else and then scheduled it for 3am, it would have performed exactly the same if you had waited up all night and manually clicked on "publish" at 3am.
That's what I think too, but it sounds like OP's experience suggests that maybe something on YouTube's backend is causing scheduled videos to receive less exposure. It could just be a coincidence though. I don't use scheduled uploads, so I'm not sure.

Reactions: Kyle Laughlin

Kyle Laughlin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's just insanely strange how consistently horrible scheduled does. I wouldn't be concerned if it was just me having these problems because I'm a tiny channel and a only a couple views on some videos are expected but I have heard it from so many YT friends as well which has me confused. I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that YouTube is going down the tubes pretty quickly and it's wildly due to this inconsistency. They openly claim to keep things a secret so they don't want creators to know anything about how their systems work and/or algorithm, as to not give anyone an unfair advantage but it's making it nearly impossible to grow for smaller channels. We have creators on this platform with thousands of subs who stopped growing a while ago yet still get loads of views and then the comment sections are all hate on how bad their videos are... yet somehow youtube continues to push and give them thousands of views a day. This turned into a YT rank but seriously whats going on... Maybe this terrorism ad revenue situation will make them rethink how they promote videos. They did say they were going to help us smaller guys though which is awesome!