Tayo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just as the title says, I'm willing to review your channel(s) if you review mine! I'll be as serious and honest as possible, so please don't get offended if you don't like what I have to say. I hope you guys are super honest about my channel, too.

My review will concern anything you want:
  • Channel design
  • Commentary in videos
  • Channel name
  • Logo
  • Editting
  • Graphics
  • Audio
  • Anything else you want
I'll also share some tips and tricks I've learned along the way on how to gain a good and consistent audience, thumbnails, tagging, and many other things.

Thanks for looking!

ehmaysi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think overall, you're doing pretty good. While I think a lot of the branding/art on your channel is pretty generic (logo, banner, thumbnails, etc), I think where you shine, and why you've found the success you have, is because of the content. A lot of people put a ton of effort into the design of their channels, the quality of their audio/visuals, their SEO, the overall aesthetic, all these things, but where a lot of them fall flat, is their content. Whether it's a channel for short films, tutorials, let's plays, etc, if the content isn't good or the person presenting it is boring/uninteresting, they'll just hit a wall.

Now Let's Plays aren't really my thing, I don't follow a lot of people who do let's plays/commentaries because they just don't really interest me. Despite that, I can appreciate yours, and see the entertainment that you bring to them. Just goes to show you don't need the flashiest look, or best equipment to be successful. If you're entertaining and have some genuine enthusiasm, you can do just fine. Doesn't mean you shouldn't though, but it's not the most important aspect.

Tayo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think overall, you're doing pretty good. While I think a lot of the branding/art on your channel is pretty generic (logo, banner, thumbnails, etc), I think where you shine, and why you've found the success you have, is because of the content. A lot of people put a ton of effort into the design of their channels, the quality of their audio/visuals, their SEO, the overall aesthetic, all these things, but where a lot of them fall flat, is their content. Whether it's a channel for short films, tutorials, let's plays, etc, if the content isn't good or the person presenting it is boring/uninteresting, they'll just hit a wall.

Now Let's Plays aren't really my thing, I don't follow a lot of people who do let's plays/commentaries because they just don't really interest me. Despite that, I can appreciate yours, and see the entertainment that you bring to them. Just goes to show you don't need the flashiest look, or best equipment to be successful. If you're entertaining and have some genuine enthusiasm, you can do just fine. Doesn't mean you shouldn't though, but it's not the most important aspect.
I see what you mean. Makes sense! I kind of struggle with thinking of an interesting thumbnail and I always change up my banners and logos after awhile which maybe isn't such a good thing. Well I'm glad I seem to be doing pretty good in the core of making videos!

I understand having no interest. Thanks for looking then! Were you wanting a review, as well?

ehmaysi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see what you mean. Makes sense! I kind of struggle with thinking of an interesting thumbnail and I always change up my banners and logos after awhile which maybe isn't such a good thing. Well I'm glad I seem to be doing pretty good in the core of making videos!

I understand having no interest. Thanks for looking then! Were you wanting a review, as well?
I feel you, I've gone through and redone my thumbnails a bunch until I was happy with them. s**t takes time and more often than not there's more pressing things to work on instead of some thumbnails or a banner. Took people mentioning it a bunch until I finally updated the banner.

Don't get me wrong, they were entertaining, normally I actively don't like those types of videos. Keep it up, there's obviously an audience for you and given how much you've come back since your subscriber dip shows that people like what you're doing, and you're doing it well.

Yeah I'm always looking for feedback or criticism, if you've got the time I'll take the review. Thanks fam

Tayo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I feel you, I've gone through and redone my thumbnails a bunch until I was happy with them. s**t takes time and more often than not there's more pressing things to work on instead of some thumbnails or a banner. Took people mentioning it a bunch until I finally updated the banner.

Don't get me wrong, they were entertaining, normally I actively don't like those types of videos. Keep it up, there's obviously an audience for you and given how much you've come back since your subscriber dip shows that people like what you're doing, and you're doing it well.

Yeah I'm always looking for feedback or criticism, if you've got the time I'll take the review. Thanks fam
Well for startes I really like your banner. Sometimes the simplelest design really stands out and looks great. And I like your thumbnails, how you have a certain style that fits you and makes people automatically realize it's you.

I think you put out really good content with great quality. I like your style, some of the music is pretty dreamy. Personally, it's alittle hard for me to get into some songs but that's just a preference. I think you got some good stuff on your channel. I see that a lot of the comments you get are very nice so I think you're doing good!

I really don't see anything that you need to change, honestly. You have your own brand that is easily recognizable, consistent content that's good quality, and a good look overall. Nice job!

ehmaysi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well for startes I really like your banner. Sometimes the simplelest design really stands out and looks great. And I like your thumbnails, how you have a certain style that fits you and makes people automatically realize it's you.

I think you put out really good content with great quality. I like your style, some of the music is pretty dreamy. Personally, it's alittle hard for me to get into some songs but that's just a preference. I think you got some good stuff on your channel. I see that a lot of the comments you get are very nice so I think you're doing good!

I really don't see anything that you need to change, honestly. You have your own brand that is easily recognizable, consistent content that's good quality, and a good look overall. Nice job!
Much appreciated! It's probably become my favorite part of the channel, and bridges the gap between the logo and the thumbnails, which before, were always disconnected.

Thanks for the the kind words, and the thoughtful feedback. Keep doing what you're doing, you'll be back to 500 in no time and shooting for 1000 real quick

Tayo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Much appreciated! It's probably become my favorite part of the channel, and bridges the gap between the logo and the thumbnails, which before, were always disconnected.

Thanks for the the kind words, and the thoughtful feedback. Keep doing what you're doing, you'll be back to 500 in no time and shooting for 1000 real quick
Thank you! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll definitely get a big crowd.[DOUBLEPOST=1457739311,1457738995][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh one more thing. Do you have any tips for making a brand without being generic?

ehmaysi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I think avoiding those cartoony fonts a lot of of people use, and going for something that's different can really bring it up a notch.

I think what benefited me the most was just experimenting with a bunch of different looks, and finding something I thought suited me.

To be less abstract, I think having some kind of consistency helps a lot too, for thumbnails especially. If you have some overlay or unique "look", that brings it all together, you're set.

A more unique logo would probably help too, and "Tayo" is a cool, short name you could do a lot with aesthetically. Logos are the hardest part though, in my opinion.

I could shoot yiu some other other logos I've made or old stuff in my portfolio. Won't be home home until later tonight.

Edited in the first paragraph.

Last edited:

Tranxify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
From the first second, I opened your channel, I really loved the channel art and it really gripped me. It is just wonderful and everything is in sync together. Your thumbnails are also pretty good. So, overall, in my opinion, the look of your channel is amazing.

For the audio, I love how you sync your audio together. You know, changing from a song to another at different moods or when different things happen in that "Baby goes for Joyride" video. On top of that, your commentary in all the videos were really... natural and, you know... it felt like it was you, not a script you wrote that you were reading off or something. However, I would suggest to outline your points before you do a video. For example, in your "LOSING HUNDREDS OF SUBS" video. You repeated the same points for a couple of minutes. Sometimes the same sentences even. I understand that you were mad or annoyed or shocked back then, but if you... well ranted in an organised way it would have been better, I guess? xD

I would REALLY suggest you to have an actual proper channel trailer. Your current one is fine and all as it is funny moments from a couple of videos, but if you have a video where you explain your channel. It would help much more. I reviewed a dozen channels out there, and the ones that really annoy me when I am reviewing them are the ones with poor channel trailers. In my opinion, channels trailers that are just asking viewers to subscribe, watch their videos, like them and what not are really poor. Channel trailers that are the best of one channel's videos are fine, but in my opinion. Channel trailers are there for you to explain what your channel is about, maybe your upload schedule, any plans or goals you have, maybe your personality? And after all, that you would end it with asking people to stick around or something around that. But, in the end that is my own opinion.

I would have surely subscribed if I was into indie games or horror games, but they are not really my type. This means that your channel is really fantastic because out of the 50 channels (Not exaggerating) I went over, only two really impressed me, and one of them is yours, so good job I guess :p

I am not sure how to get myself long-term active subscribers, or maybe I know how but I am not sure if it is the right way. So I would really love it if you concentrate on that when you are trying to review my channel. Also I am not sure if my commentaries are good or not. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Megan Byrne

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just as the title says, I'm willing to review your channel(s) if you review mine! I'll be as serious and honest as possible, so please don't get offended if you don't like what I have to say. I hope you guys are super honest about my channel, too.

My review will concern anything you want:
  • Channel design
  • Commentary in videos
  • Channel name
  • Logo
  • Editting
  • Graphics
  • Audio
  • Anything else you want
I'll also share some tips and tricks I've learned along the way on how to gain a good and consistent audience, thumbnails, tagging, and many other things.

Thanks for looking!
Hey! I love the thumbnails they all look awesome! I like the name and banner but not a big fan of the logo.
But you're doing great :)