Tayo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally I think avoiding those cartoony fonts a lot of of people use, and going for something that's different can really bring it up a notch.

I think what benefited me the most was just experimenting with a bunch of different looks, and finding something I thought suited me.

To be less abstract, I think having some kind of consistency helps a lot too, for thumbnails especially. If you have some overlay or unique "look", that brings it all together, you're set.

A more unique logo would probably help too, and "Tayo" is a cool, short name you could do a lot with aesthetically. Logos are the hardest part though, in my opinion.

I could shoot yiu some other other logos I've made or old stuff in my portfolio. Won't be home home until later tonight.

Edited in the first paragraph.
Yeah everyone does use the same font so changing it up could definitely help.

It'd be cool to check out some of your work! I look forward to it.[DOUBLEPOST=1457817396,1457817366][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey! I love the thumbnails they all look awesome! I like the name and banner but not a big fan of the logo.
But you're doing great :)
Awesome, thanks! I'll give your channel a look here in a bit, going to the movies.[DOUBLEPOST=1457817633][/DOUBLEPOST]
From the first second, I opened your channel, I really loved the channel art and it really gripped me. It is just wonderful and everything is in sync together. Your thumbnails are also pretty good. So, overall, in my opinion, the look of your channel is amazing.

For the audio, I love how you sync your audio together. You know, changing from a song to another at different moods or when different things happen in that "Baby goes for Joyride" video. On top of that, your commentary in all the videos were really... natural and, you know... it felt like it was you, not a script you wrote that you were reading off or something. However, I would suggest to outline your points before you do a video. For example, in your "LOSING HUNDREDS OF SUBS" video. You repeated the same points for a couple of minutes. Sometimes the same sentences even. I understand that you were mad or annoyed or shocked back then, but if you... well ranted in an organised way it would have been better, I guess? xD

I would REALLY suggest you to have an actual proper channel trailer. Your current one is fine and all as it is funny moments from a couple of videos, but if you have a video where you explain your channel. It would help much more. I reviewed a dozen channels out there, and the ones that really annoy me when I am reviewing them are the ones with poor channel trailers. In my opinion, channels trailers that are just asking viewers to subscribe, watch their videos, like them and what not are really poor. Channel trailers that are the best of one channel's videos are fine, but in my opinion. Channel trailers are there for you to explain what your channel is about, maybe your upload schedule, any plans or goals you have, maybe your personality? And after all, that you would end it with asking people to stick around or something around that. But, in the end that is my own opinion.

I would have surely subscribed if I was into indie games or horror games, but they are not really my type. This means that your channel is really fantastic because out of the 50 channels (Not exaggerating) I went over, only two really impressed me, and one of them is yours, so good job I guess :p

I am not sure how to get myself long-term active subscribers, or maybe I know how but I am not sure if it is the right way. So I would really love it if you concentrate on that when you are trying to review my channel. Also I am not sure if my commentaries are good or not. Thanks a lot!
Wow, thanks for the in-depth analysis!

I understand that my ranting was probably all over the place. I definitely should script those kind of videos out before recording.

Well I'm glad my channel impressed you! Apparently the biggest "setback" is the logo so I'll be changing that up hopefully soon. And I used to have a channel trailer but I since took that down b/c that was from when I first started, but I will put some thought into making a new one for my new viewers. Good point!

I will definitely give your channel a look and focus on your subscribers and commentary once I get back from the movies!

Thanks for looking, again![DOUBLEPOST=1457832102][/DOUBLEPOST]
From the first second, I opened your channel, I really loved the channel art and it really gripped me. It is just wonderful and everything is in sync together. Your thumbnails are also pretty good. So, overall, in my opinion, the look of your channel is amazing.

For the audio, I love how you sync your audio together. You know, changing from a song to another at different moods or when different things happen in that "Baby goes for Joyride" video. On top of that, your commentary in all the videos were really... natural and, you know... it felt like it was you, not a script you wrote that you were reading off or something. However, I would suggest to outline your points before you do a video. For example, in your "LOSING HUNDREDS OF SUBS" video. You repeated the same points for a couple of minutes. Sometimes the same sentences even. I understand that you were mad or annoyed or shocked back then, but if you... well ranted in an organised way it would have been better, I guess? xD

I would REALLY suggest you to have an actual proper channel trailer. Your current one is fine and all as it is funny moments from a couple of videos, but if you have a video where you explain your channel. It would help much more. I reviewed a dozen channels out there, and the ones that really annoy me when I am reviewing them are the ones with poor channel trailers. In my opinion, channels trailers that are just asking viewers to subscribe, watch their videos, like them and what not are really poor. Channel trailers that are the best of one channel's videos are fine, but in my opinion. Channel trailers are there for you to explain what your channel is about, maybe your upload schedule, any plans or goals you have, maybe your personality? And after all, that you would end it with asking people to stick around or something around that. But, in the end that is my own opinion.

I would have surely subscribed if I was into indie games or horror games, but they are not really my type. This means that your channel is really fantastic because out of the 50 channels (Not exaggerating) I went over, only two really impressed me, and one of them is yours, so good job I guess :p

I am not sure how to get myself long-term active subscribers, or maybe I know how but I am not sure if it is the right way. So I would really love it if you concentrate on that when you are trying to review my channel. Also I am not sure if my commentaries are good or not. Thanks a lot!
I like your banner, it's pretty nice but maybe try and get your logo to match it more?

Channel trailer is good too! You had good audio and explained your channel well. I noticed in some of your videos that the audio is quieter so try and make it stand out more over the game. Also, you could try having an outro? Not like a fancy editted scene like your intro but maybe just saying bye and all that jazz.

The biggest thing that has worked for me in keeping a consisten audience is constantly interacting with them. I always reply when I get a comment and talk to them like I'm talking to a friend: always joking and being silly. Making your audience feel like you really appreciate them is a big plus for channels and will keep people coming.

Also, besides the audio quality for your commentary being a little quiet, I see sometimes that there's pauses and such. I can't really talk because I'm not the greatest with my own commentary, but I know most people give tips like constantly talking or engaging the audience and making it entertaining for them without pretending to be someone you're not. (Not saying that you are being fake)

But other than that I think your channel is going good. Just try and engage with your audience more!
Hey! I love the thumbnails they all look awesome! I like the name and banner but not a big fan of the logo.
But you're doing great :)
Thanks!

I went ahead and reviewed your channel:

I think it's pretty cool! Looks like you are vlogging your experiences and having some fun. Are you looking for more subs/views?

CTReactions

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I clicked onto your YouTube channel, the first thing I saw was your banner, so well done, that really got my attention straight away. And it was well-designed too.
I watched your "Tayo's best moments" montage and it was really funny and well-edited.
You have a great talent for making thumbnails though, which a lot of YouTubers struggle with, so well done on that too.

If I have to give any constructive criticism, the only thing I can think of is, on your banner, your picture is quite blurry at the top left but I really don't know other than that.
The channel itself is really good.

-

Think I could get a review on my logo?

Tranxify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score

It'd be cool to check out some of your work! I look forward to it.[DOUBLEPOST=1457817396,1457817366][/DOUBLEPOST]
Awesome, thanks! I'll give your channel a look here in a bit, going to the movies.[DOUBLEPOST=1457817633][/DOUBLEPOST]

I understand that my ranting was probably all over the place. I definitely should script those kind of videos out before recording.

Well I'm glad my channel impressed you! Apparently the biggest "setback" is the logo so I'll be changing that up hopefully soon. And I used to have a channel trailer but I since took that down b/c that was from when I first started, but I will put some thought into making a new one for my new viewers. Good point!

I will definitely give your channel a look and focus on your subscribers and commentary once I get back from the movies!

I like your banner, it's pretty nice but maybe try and get your logo to match it more?

Channel trailer is good too! You had good audio and explained your channel well. I noticed in some of your videos that the audio is quieter so try and make it stand out more over the game. Also, you could try having an outro? Not like a fancy editted scene like your intro but maybe just saying bye and all that jazz.

The biggest thing that has worked for me in keeping a consisten audience is constantly interacting with them. I always reply when I get a comment and talk to them like I'm talking to a friend: always joking and being silly. Making your audience feel like you really appreciate them is a big plus for channels and will keep people coming.

Also, besides the audio quality for your commentary being a little quiet, I see sometimes that there's pauses and such. I can't really talk because I'm not the greatest with my own commentary, but I know most people give tips like constantly talking or engaging the audience and making it entertaining for them without pretending to be someone you're not. (Not saying that you are being fake)

But other than that I think your channel is going good. Just try and engage with your audience more!

Thanks!

I think it's pretty cool! Looks like you are vlogging your experiences and having some fun. Are you looking for more subs/views?
Thanks a lot on your feedback! A lot of people suggested that I be more interacitve, but I just do not really understand how. Whenever I ask the viewers to leave a comment about what they want to see or smth, barely anyone replies. I try to be as much friendly in the comments, but what can I say over a casual "Awesome video mate!" Comment? I can not interact with that with anything more than a "Thank you". Or am I wrong? Maybe if you would not matter, share some ways of being interactive? Would be really appreciated!

Mr. Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey , i'd like a review for anything you'd like to review my channel for

Megan Byrne

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Thanks!

Yeah I would love more subs and views but my videos just don't do that well even though i post about them loads!

Tayo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks a lot on your feedback! A lot of people suggested that I be more interacitve, but I just do not really understand how. Whenever I ask the viewers to leave a comment about what they want to see or smth, barely anyone replies. I try to be as much friendly in the comments, but what can I say over a casual "Awesome video mate!" Comment? I can not interact with that with anything more than a "Thank you". Or am I wrong? Maybe if you would not matter, share some ways of being interactive? Would be really appreciated!
Well the comments I usually are people discussing the game or giving their thoughts, sometimes they bring up moments in the game where I did something wrong or funny. I always interact with them by giving my input or saying stuff like "yeah I really messed up there" or "that part made me crap my pants" :tongue: Just joking back with them. But I do get short comments like saying my video was good or good job, and there's really not much you can say to that except thanks. It all really just depends on the comments and personalities. You can always check my videos to see how I interact with my pals. Not trying to self-advertise, just giving you some examples. :biggrin:[DOUBLEPOST=1457905174,1457905080][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I would love more subs and views but my videos just don't do that well even though i post about them loads!
Well maybe you could try a different style? I don't know much about what all you can do with those types of vlogs, so I would suggest looking at bigger YouTubers who do the same thing as you and study them. Plus there's always sharing them on multiple social media.[DOUBLEPOST=1457909696][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I clicked onto your YouTube channel, the first thing I saw was your banner, so well done, that really got my attention straight away. And it was well-designed too.
I watched your "Tayo's best moments" montage and it was really funny and well-edited.
You have a great talent for making thumbnails though, which a lot of YouTubers struggle with, so well done on that too.

If I have to give any constructive criticism, the only thing I can think of is, on your banner, your picture is quite blurry at the top left but I really don't know other than that.
The channel itself is really good.

-

Think I could get a review on my logo?
Hey thanks! Apparently my banner is doing really good, I'm really glad I changed it up!

I will check the blurry part, see what you're talking about.

I will definitely check out your channel:

Going onto your channel I looked at your banner first and I think it looks good! It matches your logo and easily tells people what your channel is about. I checked your description and it's simple and to the point. Maybe make a schedule for yourself? Unless you're basing it off of when people suggest videos to you, but since you're starting out I would go ahead and try and get good quality videos out so you can rack in more subscribers who will then give you more suggestions.

I checked you're video; decent quality (doesn't have to put anything super fancy to get views) but maybe adjust the audio a bit? I use Audacity to help with my audio, make it stand out over the game (in your case the video you're watching). It was a little quiet to hear. Also, this is slightly a personal preference but I do know that most people have a problem with this: try not to talk too much while the video is playing because then viewers get distracted/confused. It's ok to say one or two things every now and then because you don't want to be completely silent throughout the whole thing, but it's also not good to have like a long discussion either.

But that's about it! Just get more videos out there, be sure to share them throughout your networks (don't spam!), maybe set up a schedule, and also work on thumbnails. Since you have a recognizable logo, maybe put that in your thumbnails so people can quickly see that it's your video. Anyways, you look ok so far! Hope everything works for you![DOUBLEPOST=1457909806][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey , i'd like a review for anything you'd like to review my channel for
Sounds good to me! I'll go ahead and check everything I normally look for. Be sure to review my channel as well, you can look at anything you want, then I'll give yours a look!

Reactions: Megan Byrne