Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would SERIOUSLY!
like a review over my YouTube Channel's branding/banner/logo designs is good/bad, my channel's navigation/tags, rather the thumbnails I use is good/great or very bad, if my upload frequency is bad or good, if the lengths of my videos too short or too long, etc.

Pretty much asking for a full channel review to help me find not just what I'm doing wrong, but what I can do to do better to help myself grow.

Example thumbnail:

(Before) sorry for it being small on here XD

(After)

Last edited:

ScurvyJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello! So your banner looks very good, you get the point across that this is a gaming channel, which is good! You have all the social links also good.
Your logo isn't horrible but it took me a second to figure out that it stands for your name PO? I think? haha
Your tag usage seems to be good on par with what it should, but I feel like your descriptions are lacking, you should definitely be putting more in there you have 5000 more characters of SEO your not using.
Also I've been trying to get more ranked tags so I've been tweaking my formula a bit, instead of just using "lets play" try "lets play dragon age" or "scary dragon age" "paranoia origins dragonage" etc... trying to get some niche ranked tags always helps!

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
I really dig your banner and I like the logo. I can't really tell what the two triangles are in the lower corners of the profile pic, and I think if you lost them you could make the primary red logo a big bigger and cleaner. I also think your thumbnails could be cleaner and simpler. Maybe try testing traction on a few videos with no text in the thumbnails? Overall your branding is consistent and engaging - I like it!

Nothing to do with the graphic design but you might want to make the video on your landing page something other than your intro; if it was a longer video it would probably serve as a better intro to your channel and get you a lot more watch time overall. Just my 2 cents.

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not too bad. My biggest issue is the writing on the thumbnails con be hard to read. Maybe test out some opposing colours. The whites blend into the blue and the reds blend into the red.

Reactions: Sun The Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really dig your banner and I like the logo. I can't really tell what the two triangles are in the lower corners of the profile pic, and I think if you lost them you could make the primary red logo a big bigger and cleaner. I also think your thumbnails could be cleaner and simpler. Maybe try testing traction on a few videos with no text in the thumbnails? Overall your branding is consistent and engaging - I like it!

Nothing to do with the graphic design but you might want to make the video on your landing page something other than your intro; if it was a longer video it would probably serve as a better intro to your channel and get you a lot more watch time overall. Just my 2 cents.
What about the newer videos? thumbnails too much? cause i do spend HOURS looking at what tags would be best and give me a high seo score. I'll change the landing page to something else thanks for that.; well i thank you for your 2 cents.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello! So your banner looks very good, you get the point across that this is a gaming channel, which is good! You have all the social links also good.
Your logo isn't horrible but it took me a second to figure out that it stands for your name PO? I think? haha
Your tag usage seems to be good on par with what it should, but I feel like your descriptions are lacking, you should definitely be putting more in there you have 5000 more characters of SEO your not using.
Also I've been trying to get more ranked tags so I've been tweaking my formula a bit, instead of just using "lets play" try "lets play dragon age" or "scary dragon age" "paranoia origins dragonage" etc... trying to get some niche ranked tags always helps!
yeah i wanted to go through all my videos with someone and see what needs to be worked on and what doesnt. If you have time mind doing that with me?[DOUBLEPOST=1499394352,1499393920][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not too bad. My biggest issue is the writing on the thumbnails con be hard to read. Maybe test out some opposing colours. The whites blend into the blue and the reds blend into the red.
yeah ok i'll work on that

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Yeah, while you have a defined style/brand on your thumbnails, they really are just too detailed to be eye catching - I end up glossing over them because I can't easily pick out any single image or word. I would use only 4-5 words per thumbnail max in a much bolder and bigger font over simple images (ex., one character's face, not a crowd of characters). Think of people seeing the thumbnails on a tiny mobile device and trying to get a sense for the video without reading any text/description. Good luck!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, while you have a defined style/brand on your thumbnails, they really are just too detailed to be eye catching - I end up glossing over them because I can't easily pick out any single image or word. I would use only 4-5 words per thumbnail max in a much bolder and bigger font over simple images (ex., one character's face, not a crowd of characters). Think of people seeing the thumbnails on a tiny mobile device and trying to get a sense for the video without reading any text/description. Good luck!
i'll go and redo them all then worry about the tags or both tags and thumbnail which will take awhile[DOUBLEPOST=1499406573,1499406483][/DOUBLEPOST]the one image being covered by the logo thats something i cant move but its nothing anyway so why i didnt change the banner around