CTAC

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really think this is a big change :)

SaltNPepper

Reaction score
hi i am new youtuber. if someone reaches the goal. do you need to email youtube or something and get them to approve or is it automatic once you get passed the threshold? how does the approval system work?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
for me it was automatic but I was monetized before they changed the rules. if your new and have never been monetized you probably need to set up your adsense account and apply for monetization, if it will let you do that before you cross the threshold I would think it should be automatic once you cross the threshold.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@Ezrider92356

Sorry; but you are incorrect.

Worse; you are making the same mistake thousands of YouTubers who are posting to the current Support Community Forum are making. I will now post the same message I give to such people.

"Monetization will not be approved unless your channel passes its Compliance Review. You don't get automatically monetized simply for reaching the milestone of 1000 or more subscribers and 4000 watch time hours in the past year, as these are not "the requirements to enable monetization". These are merely the application threshold for the YouTube Partner Programme, and only entitle your channel to be reviewed for suitability to join the YPP.

Currently reviews are taking anywhere from 2 months to over a year; and there is no way to speed up the process."

Reactions: markkaz

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I guess I didn't word it very well. What I meant by being automatic is being automatically sent for review. As in if all the requirements are in place and everything and you have applied once you meet all the requirements you don't need to request a review it will automatically be sent for review.

Last edited:
Reactions: markkaz

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you're right; and thanks for the correction. People can be quick to mistake something mispoken.
no im glad you mentioned it I wasn't really thinking of how what I said could be easily misunderstood when I made that post.