New channel, new ideas.. Hold on!

Just someone.

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I got little question to people who are already into YouTube vlogs, movies, all this kinda stuff.
I'm moving out to LA closely soon right after school graduate. YouTube's on my mind for bit longer time and it still remains its existence in my aspirations that I'm gonna begin with own channel. I've got a bunch ideas - but it seems be kinda troubled from the side I'm looking at this.
Love movies, I mean - like real action movies. I ain't gonna afford camera that fast. Yeah, phone-made movies are nice tho, but it still needs a pocket full of money.
I thought about vlogging. I got lots of ideas on my mind about this, but there we got the question - Is it good for start? I mean, vlogs need audience. Isn't it kinda 'strange' to vlog for 'nobody' at the beginning?
How did u guys started, what do you think about it?

Peace! :)

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am still in the beginning phase where I have very little viewers, one day maybe I will have lots. People who have big audiences now all released a video at one point wondering who, if anyone, will watch.

Who are you? What do you do? Why are you moving to LA?

Maybe you will have an interesting life out there, and lots of success, perhaps the vlogs you make not will only have an audience in years to come, when people want to know where this great person came from.

Either way, just bite the bullet and get some videos out there. And try not to get disheartened if you are three months in and haven't broke 20 subs yet.

Good luck.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Think about what kinds of movies you want to make and how you could scale them down to fit the budget you have. One of the most important part of movie making is knowing how to make things for the money you have. So if you have an iPhone and some friends and a good idea, how could you make an action movie for no money? Try for that.

Vlogs are good as well, but always follow what your passion tells you to do when it comes to your artistic endeavors. It may not look exactly the way you'd like, but the only way to get to where you want to be and see the results you want to see is by making things that don't measure up in the beginning.

Kairos Mom

Going Places!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with the others to get something out there. Even if its not what you envision, its a start! The more you put out the more you will be able to fine tune your craft, what you do and don't like to do, and who your audience is. Just. Do. It. :)

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
100 percent agree with the "Just do it" mentality - if you tell yourself you can't do ___ because of something you don't have but want now, something will always pop up that will stop you from starting what you're passionate about. I say go for what you originally wanted the channel for, work with what you've got, and learn as you go while upgrading :)