Longest you've spent on one video

I'm generally a diligent editor, so today's video probably took around a total of 2-3 hours between taking all the screenshots and recording and editing

I am guessing close to 20 hours from start to finish (planning, shooting, copying footage, going trough footage, editing). It was probably one of my car reviews. They usually go north of 10 hours in editing.

8 hours when I was a noob editor. I generally take 3-5hours now that I'm a bit better and know what I'm doing.

It's all worth it though, I love watching them back and feeling good on the inside. I don't know what it is but it just feels so good. It's like doing a favor for an old person. I don't know xD I feel so happy making a great video. lol this post swayed away from the topic xD

If it counts, a vlog I filmed last week took 11 hours to travel, film & edit on the bus back.

Otherwise I once spent 5 hours filming and editing, only for the hard drive on my computer to fail.. :(

Spent probably about 20-40 hours on my latest video. Maybe more....
It's a best of January so I had to delve into all the videos that we have released and browse for all the funny parts.

Then I had to cut that video down once again into a best of.

Then I had to figure out how to fit them together somewhat interestingly.

Then I had a computer crash, and spent a while in sadness :(

Then I did it all over again.

Then I had to figure out how to do an outro with video links and get them working correctly.

And now it's mid February and I have to start doing it again, but computer issues delay some releases.

Overall was a trying February, But I am a very optimistic and upbeat person so I try to not let it effect me :D

What software are you using that a computer crash would kill all your work?

I am using lightworks and as far as I can tell when you work everything is saved in a sort of live way so a crash - i think - wouldn't make you lose much. Unless we are talking about corrupt files.

Longest I have spent on a video is a bout 8 hours total

Usually, my videos are really quick to make, but we did a video that took place all over New York City that took a couple of days to film. I'd like to do more of that, if time permits.

About 15 hours when we did our highlights video. Went back and watched over a years worth of content even before we began editing. I mean if the videos werent cringey back then it wouldn't have been so bad, but we might as well have been making club penguin lets plays.

What software are you using that a computer crash would kill all your work?

I am using lightworks and as far as I can tell when you work everything is saved in a sort of live way so a crash - i think - wouldn't make you lose much. Unless we are talking about corrupt files.

Longest I have spent on a video is a bout 8 hours total

Files got corrupted, but I was able to save most of them with handbreak.

Still lost a couple so actually had to redownload videos I had already made from youtube because I didn't have the original file for 2 of them. Powerdirector was being a pain in the a** so that caused me to have to redo every thing from scratch :(

Back