Live Streaming? What are the Do's and Don'ts???

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Hey Everyone

I haven't done a live stream as yet and quit frankly I'm a little nervous about doing one.
Why?? Well lets see.

1) I only have just under 500 subscribers so If I did do a live stream would anyone really show up?
2) What do I talk about in my live stream, I mean Q&A might be a good thing but really what is the normal for most people??
3) What are the benefits of doing a live stream, besides watching me drown in nervous sweat..
4) What do I do if NO one shows up? I mean do I just stare at the screen or something for 30 minutes and look stupid??
5) Yes I am making some jokes about this but I an seriously wondering is this the sort of thing for me.
6) Does anyone get to see my live stream or is just subscribers??
7) If anyone can see it does that mean I might gain subscribers?

So yes any kind of info you can share would be helpful
What are the Do's and Don't of Live streaming???

1) Maybe, sometimes you'll stream and nobody will show or they will show gradually i recommend you just stream and upload it as a VOD later.

2) Whatever you want we play games and chat to our stream and to eachother.

3) Confidence, closer to your community, people can see that you are actually a person not just some guy who makes videos theres something a lot better seeing someone live VS a pre-edited video.

4) Talk to yourself try to be entertaining.

5) Won't know until you try.

6) Anyone who visits categories or searches what your stream is related too, also youtube loves promoting streams for some reason.

7) Yes.

1) Maybe, sometimes you'll stream and nobody will show or they will show gradually i recommend you just stream and upload it as a VOD later.

2) Whatever you want we play games and chat to our stream and to eachother.

3) Confidence, closer to your community, people can see that you are actually a person not just some guy who makes videos theres something a lot better seeing someone live VS a pre-edited video.

4) Talk to yourself try to be entertaining.

5) Won't know until you try.

6) Anyone who visits categories or searches what your stream is related too, also youtube loves promoting streams for some reason.

7) Yes.
Thanks for answering my posts
One question
What is VOD???
(Video on demand???)

Thanks for answering my posts
One question
What is VOD???
(Video on demand???)
Yep! if you check your youtube live settings you can set it so when the stream is over it is posted as a normal video, or you can set it to be unlisted download it and upload it elsewhere (like we do, we post all stream VODs onto the second channel)

Yep! if you check your youtube live settings you can set it so when the stream is over it is posted as a normal video, or you can set it to be unlisted download it and upload it elsewhere (like we do, we post all stream VODs onto the second channel)
Awesome
Thank you!!!

I have never put my face in front of the camera,
I have nothing to say (especially in English) to the public,
so here is my opinion as a viewer.

In my subscriptions is include "live" videos feed.
That means that from time to time I check if something interests or amuses me.
so a hint is to pre-prepare it "live in 12hrs" or so. (sorry I do not know how they do it)

1) I only have just under 500 subscribers so If I did do a live stream would anyone really show up?
if your title / theme is (this is an example) Greek Turkish relations and new hot incident,
I bet you will have lots o views. (again that was an example)

2) What do I talk about in my live stream?
sorry, if you got nothing to say / show why should you push yourself in a livestream? :p

3) What are the benefits of doing a live stream, besides watching me drown in nervous sweat..
That is a really good entratainment for some people! besides they will do the talking (chat) hahahahahah! :p
Seriously, a newbee's livestream or the first one or whatever is a genuine video I think. Kind of rare nowadays.

4) What do I do if NO one shows up? I mean do I just stare at the screen or something for 30 minutes and look stupid??
"I am having a party! do come in!" you are havinga party, don't really care how many will show up!
As an exaple, let say that this time that you are live, China attacks Korea, or Logan Paul releases another video.
You don;t care. You are on air on your show. (ok, this is kind of motivation, not really going to happen...)

Seriously, have a laptop next to you not viewable from the camera and act busy. Browse, whatever but don't be steady.

5) Yes I am making some jokes about this but I an seriously wondering is this the sort of thing for me.
So your viewers do wonder. Give them a clue, a sample video to judge.

refer to the top, live streams are appearing to the "Live" feed in Youtube home page.

Depending to the content I guess...
:)

I have never put my face in front of the camera,
I have nothing to say (especially in English) to the public,
so here is my opinion as a viewer.

In my subscriptions is include "live" videos feed.
That means that from time to time I check if something interests or amuses me.
so a hint is to pre-prepare it "live in 12hrs" or so. (sorry I do not know how they do it)

if your title / theme is (this is an example) Greek Turkish relations and new hot incident,
I bet you will have lots o views. (again that was an example)

2) What do I talk about in my live stream?
sorry, if you got nothing to say / show why should you push yourself in a livestream? :p

That is a really good entratainment for some people! besides they will do the talking (chat) hahahahahah! :p
Seriously, a newbee's livestream or the first one or whatever is a genuine video I think. Kind of rare nowadays.

"I am having a party! do come in!" you are havinga party, don't really care how many will show up!
As an exaple, let say that this time that you are live, China attacks Korea, or Logan Paul releases another video.
You don;t care. You are on air on your show. (ok, this is kind of motivation, not really going to happen...)

Seriously, have a laptop next to you not viewable from the camera and act busy. Browse, whatever but don't be steady.

So your viewers do wonder. Give them a clue, a sample video to judge.

refer to the top, live streams are appearing to the "Live" feed in Youtube home page.

Depending to the content I guess...
:)

Wow that was SUPER helpful and very informative
THANKS!!!

I'm in the same boat right now but what Ive decided on is,
most people probably won't come to the stream while its on as I have 430 subscribers currently, so, when I stream, I've got a list of topics I want to talk about and address just to keep it interesting. (I feel if someone does come by to the livestream and I'm not talking about anything - they'll probably leave instantly anyway xD)
Then, I can upload the live video after streaming so it can get more views there, and because I addressed a topic/talked about a specific topic, it still has a purpose.

If you impress someone, you might get subscribers tho! c:

I'm in the same boat right now but what Ive decided on is,
most people probably won't come to the stream while its on as I have 430 subscribers currently, so, when I stream, I've got a list of topics I want to talk about and address just to keep it interesting. (I feel if someone does come by to the livestream and I'm not talking about anything - they'll probably leave instantly anyway xD)
Then, I can upload the live video after streaming so it can get more views there, and because I addressed a topic/talked about a specific topic, it still has a purpose.

If you impress someone, you might get subscribers tho! c:
Kool idea!!
I think my biggest fear is doing a live stream and no one being on that live stream.
But this is an inspired thought!
Thanks

Back