Lighting question!!

paigelknowles

Engineering & art student that says funny crap!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is there any cheap way of getting good quality lighting for tripod filmed videos besides natural lighting and overhead lights? I know there are high-priced high-quality lights some YouTubers use but I'm looking for a cheap substitution for this! Thanks for your help!

Sage Plays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, depending on the video type, you could even getting away with a flat light lamp or an ambient light lamp pointed at you! Just remember to good good light placement and they should make a quality cheap substitute!

Reactions: paigelknowles

paigelknowles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, depending on the video type, you could even getting away with a flat light lamp or an ambient light lamp pointed at you! Just remember to good good light placement and they should make a quality cheap substitute!
thanks for your response sage!

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could buy some cheap lamp stands on ebay or Amazon to light up your scene. You can even create your own softbox by putting some cloth over the lamp for it not to hurt your eyes, this is what I did. Here is a good video I recommend people watching to help them out with lighting.

paigelknowles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could buy some cheap lamp stands on ebay or Amazon to light up your scene. You can even create your own softbox by putting some cloth over the lamp for it not to hurt your eyes, this is what I did. Here is a good video I recommend people watching to help them out with lighting.
Thank you for your Response!! I will have to check out that video, it's so appreciated that you put the time in to link that here! I would have never thought about using a cloth thats a great idea and it be super easy to make a wire frame for a light box and put like a sheet around it or something thanks so much!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shehzad

chriphonestas

Reaction score
I think it's the good sollution!! :")

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you for your Response!! I will have to check out that video, it's so appreciated that you put the time in to link that here! I would have never thought about using a cloth thats a great idea and it be super easy to make a wire frame for a light box and put like a sheet around it or something thanks so much!!
No problem! I have a little desk lamp to light up my face that was literally burning my eyes. I turned it into a softbox (kinda) by putting a piece of white cloth over so I don't go blind.

paigelknowles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On a budget, try investing in some simple clamp lights. They can really light up the scene and are pretty cheap. I cannot tell you how many times as a filmmaker I have used clamp lights to save a scene.
yeah I have considered using them before!! My boyfriend actually does have one but I need to get LED light bulb for it because right now it has a horrible yellow colored bulb and I'm trying to get away from that lol! But thank you for the advice!!!