It takes more than JUST posting a video

LivingWithTheGuzmans

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Great thread. I've found twitter + instagram do not get that many clicks. Instagram is the worst, people DO NOT want to leave that platform for a video.

I've done best with facebook and reddit. Reddit can be gold if you find groups that are interested in your stuff.
Soooo true

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ok guys!

I see a LOT of you saying "people keep telling me to post regular content and viewers will eventually find what you are doing.".... I cant stress enough how untrue that is. Although posting regular content is a big part of seeing success on YT its also only your first step.

Once your video is posted it gets flooded into a sea of MILLIONS of other videos that were posted on the same day. IT TAKES MORE THAN JUST POSTING A VIDEO. What do you do next?

Well, next you are going to head over to Facebook. You are going to join EVERY SINGLE group that you can find that has anything to do with the topic of your video. DON'T JUST SPAM THEM. You will have to become a member of their community, comment on other peoples posts and show that you are a valuable member of the community and also, along with that, post your videos

Then, head over to your twitter account (because you have all social media's branded the same). and you will post it there with a link to your video and REALLY GOOD hashtags. then go to twitter.com/search filter to exactly what you want and exactly who you want to reach and search. Then like and comment on everything that has to do with your content and befriend the people that are interested in the same things as you

Then (pretty sure you see a pattern here) Head over to Instagram, Share your thumbnail, and tag the s**t out of it with ALL 30 hashtags that Instagram allows. Make sure they are all good, and have to do with the subject you are posting on. Then go to the search bar and search everything you can think of that has to do with your topic and like/comment on everything you can

Also join any online communities and forums that have to do with your topic and be active on there, share on StumbleUpon or reddit, or Flickr, or Imgur, or anywhere else you can think of. Also, make sure you look into Facebook adds, Instagram adds, and google adwords, as those are great ways to get more views and target the exact audience you want!

Then...once that is ALLLLLLL done....DO IT AGAIN the next day, and the next day, and the day after that etc. It takes a lot more work then posting and sitting back and waiting for the views to roll in, that's never going to happen.

Hope this was helpful for some of you! Let me know your strategies as well! Id love to hear them!

Great points, and also SEO is HUGE. SEO + trending topics are probably the most important thing you can do imo before you share the video.

Also, your point about "just make great content [and people will find you]" i totally agree is false. one of the WORST decisions i ever made playing sports was to take this approach. YOU HAVE TO MARKET YOURSELF TO GAIN EXPOSURE.

talent/good content + connections (networking) + effort in marketing = success.

SergeMTZ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My god, I just posted a Q about how to get more views and you just answered this. It's a hassle to join every community but if you don't do it, no one will know about you and that's the cold hard truth.

Thanks buddy!

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Youtube is still very simple. Don't over complicate with marketing. Find a well sized reddit community. Post frequently so you become known and you will get video traffic. Every video you post you will always get more subs, so you in fact rely less and less on reddit. For example, between two of my videos I didn't really advertise in reddit as aggressively and it got pretty decent views. Why? Because I already built up my fan base from reddit.