It takes more than JUST posting a video

Elysia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ok guys!

I see a LOT of you saying "people keep telling me to post regular content and viewers will eventually find what you are doing.".... I cant stress enough how untrue that is. Although posting regular content is a big part of seeing success on YT its also only your first step.

Once your video is posted it gets flooded into a sea of MILLIONS of other videos that were posted on the same day. IT TAKES MORE THAN JUST POSTING A VIDEO. What do you do next?

Well, next you are going to head over to Facebook. You are going to join EVERY SINGLE group that you can find that has anything to do with the topic of your video. DON'T JUST SPAM THEM. You will have to become a member of their community, comment on other peoples posts and show that you are a valuable member of the community and also, along with that, post your videos

Then, head over to your twitter account (because you have all social media's branded the same). and you will post it there with a link to your video and REALLY GOOD hashtags. then go to twitter.com/search filter to exactly what you want and exactly who you want to reach and search. Then like and comment on everything that has to do with your content and befriend the people that are interested in the same things as you

Then (pretty sure you see a pattern here) Head over to Instagram, Share your thumbnail, and tag the s**t out of it with ALL 30 hashtags that Instagram allows. Make sure they are all good, and have to do with the subject you are posting on. Then go to the search bar and search everything you can think of that has to do with your topic and like/comment on everything you can

Also join any online communities and forums that have to do with your topic and be active on there, share on StumbleUpon or reddit, or Flickr, or Imgur, or anywhere else you can think of. Also, make sure you look into Facebook adds, Instagram adds, and google adwords, as those are great ways to get more views and target the exact audience you want!

Then...once that is ALLLLLLL done....DO IT AGAIN the next day, and the next day, and the day after that etc. It takes a lot more work then posting and sitting back and waiting for the views to roll in, that's never going to happen.

Hope this was helpful for some of you! Let me know your strategies as well! Id love to hear them!

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't really go that far, and I'm doing just fine. I use reddit a lot, and I have a Facebook page, twitter and instagram that I post on. I'm thinking of investing time in pinterest though.

Elysia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't really go that far, and I'm doing just fine. I use reddit a lot, and I have a Facebook page, twitter and instagram that I post on. I'm thinking of investing time in pinterest though.
But imagine where you would be by now if you did do that haha. Ive only beem vlogging for a week or so haha. (But I have runnother channela before this one)

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i hate social media.. so i haven't bothered with such things yet, perhaps i will someday.

Reactions: Uncle Eggnog

TheBeardedMountainBiker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I went down the Twitter and Instagram route but it is really early days for me. I post on my Facebook page too which seems to get the most traffic.

Elysia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I went down the Twitter and Instagram route but it is really early days for me. I post on my Facebook page too which seems to get the most traffic.
Awesome! You should definitely try the groups thing, I see a lot of traction from FB groups as everyone in them is actually interested in your topic haha

bryan94c

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ok guys!

I see a LOT of you saying "people keep telling me to post regular content and viewers will eventually find what you are doing.".... I cant stress enough how untrue that is. Although posting regular content is a big part of seeing success on YT its also only your first step.

Once your video is posted it gets flooded into a sea of MILLIONS of other videos that were posted on the same day. IT TAKES MORE THAN JUST POSTING A VIDEO. What do you do next?

Well, next you are going to head over to Facebook. You are going to join EVERY SINGLE group that you can find that has anything to do with the topic of your video. DON'T JUST SPAM THEM. You will have to become a member of their community, comment on other peoples posts and show that you are a valuable member of the community and also, along with that, post your videos

Then, head over to your twitter account (because you have all social media's branded the same). and you will post it there with a link to your video and REALLY GOOD hashtags. then go to twitter.com/search filter to exactly what you want and exactly who you want to reach and search. Then like and comment on everything that has to do with your content and befriend the people that are interested in the same things as you

Then (pretty sure you see a pattern here) Head over to Instagram, Share your thumbnail, and tag the s**t out of it with ALL 30 hashtags that Instagram allows. Make sure they are all good, and have to do with the subject you are posting on. Then go to the search bar and search everything you can think of that has to do with your topic and like/comment on everything you can

Also join any online communities and forums that have to do with your topic and be active on there, share on StumbleUpon or reddit, or Flickr, or Imgur, or anywhere else you can think of. Also, make sure you look into Facebook adds, Instagram adds, and google adwords, as those are great ways to get more views and target the exact audience you want!

Then...once that is ALLLLLLL done....DO IT AGAIN the next day, and the next day, and the day after that etc. It takes a lot more work then posting and sitting back and waiting for the views to roll in, that's never going to happen.

Hope this was helpful for some of you! Let me know your strategies as well! Id love to hear them!
What FB groups are good to join. I see that you vlog so did you join a group on FB for that ?

Elysia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What FB groups are good to join. I see that you vlog so did you join a group on FB for that ?
Just go to fb and in the search bar type vlog then click "groups" it will show you all of them. Not only that tho, also join all the groups that have anything to do with what you are vlogging about. If my vlog is about filmmaking that day, ill join and post in all the filmmaker groups, or if its about vegan food, ill join and post in all the vegan groups ;)

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am glad to see that there are finally people who see beyond the biggest lie there is today. Of course back in the day it was true, but those times are all gone!

"If you post videos regularly you will get noticed" - Back in the day, Yeah! Not so much in 2017.

Its not just my opinion, those are actual facts and you can find them here on these forum. Just have a look around, there are tens or even hundreds of users here who have been posting videos regularly for one, two even three years and what is the result? 100-200 videos, and 100 - 500 subs more or less, some of those channels in that time can't even get 10,000 total monthly views.

Just recently I have came across a an active channel that is posting videos for 3 years but has only 5,000 total views :) Currently so called YouTube gurus are feeding outdated and useless information for new creators who are swallowing it without chewing it. Then asking them self, why my channel is not growing ?

I am currently gathering information about all so called guru tips that should help you grow your channel when in fact they are outdated and useless and will be making a video about Top Lies new Creators believe and hopeful giving some tips on what has changed and how you can grow your channel in 2017.